How soon do you have to arrive in Australia after getting the grant?

piyuyawa

Hello,

I got my 189 ITA and am planning to apply this weekend. All my documents are ready, including Form 80 and PCC.

Looking at the trends of fellow Indians, I guess I would get the grant by June (if all goes well, fingers-crossed!).

But I wont be able to resign from my job before August and will have to serve 2 months notice period after resignation. So, say I can be in Aus only by Oct. Thats around 5 months after getting the grant.

So I want to know how soon do you have to arrive in Australia after getting the grant?

Is there an "expiry date" or a "last date to arrive" to the PR grant?

I'm pretty sure you have 12 months to validate your visa which can be done with a holiday trip and then you have 5 years to move permanently. This is how it worked for my 190 but ask your case officer for the specifics of your visa when one is appointed.

Though we're not from India we had the same issue like you, the resignation period we had to serve and also to organise our furniture removal.

We came here 6 months after the visa grant.

In our grant letter it was outlined that we have to arrive within 12 months after medicals/police checks issuing date (whichever was first) in order not to do it again.

We were fine but before we left our home country we did a new police clearance for the citizenship requirement beforehand because the police clearance expires only for citizenship purpose after 3 months.

Archived