189 visa granted.

hi everyone, We did our medicals yesterday and woke up this morning to the visa granted. we are so happy. We did it all on our own too (aprt from poms in oz help) but no migration agent

migrations agents told us we wasnt eligible due to only having nvq level 2 . but we research and research and found this was fine and as my partner has served a 2 year college and work based apprentership then it was accepted and equal to aqf111 even though agents had told us otherwise and companies tried selling us the aqf111 when we wouldnt of needed it. So my adivce to anyone is make sure u research before parting with your money. as th aqf111 was around 3k mark which is a heck of a lot of money and we wouldnt even of needed it!

Just so relieved to of got the grant and now we can prepare to go to perth in jan 2015. so so excited and nervous at the same time

Congratulations, that is awesome news. We are hoping to start the process soon, aiming also to gain the 189 visa. We are having difficulty just choosing an agent and trusting everything they say! How easy is it to do the process yourself? Or could you please recommend websites/ ways to find out about doing it yourself and what is involved. We would be grateful of any advice.

once again, congratulations, you must be so excited.

Thank you

hi yes it still hasnt sunkin yet being honest tina. shannerz we travelled in oz about 4 -5 years ago and we went into immigration there and an old guy advised us not to look at any other site other than the immi one and too be honest thats best advice he could of gave us as its the only site with up to date information we found. we found it ok to do it ourselves we just set aside a few sundays to research and gather paperwork etc. We did it sections at a time so it wasnt too much information to take it at once. saved us a small fortune i think.

thanks everyone. kayinperth its so easy to just give us specially having the weekly routine of work and children but once agents were saying no to us we just knew we could as my partner had gone to college for two years and not many get level 3 in his profession (he had nvq2) but after plenty of research and help off poms in oz we did it ourselves. tho we did start a thread on here and many people said nvq2 not enough but one welder guy said it was and that one comment really kick started the research and belief. my partner failed ielts first time as need 8 and got 7 in writing but then managed it on 2nd attempt. wouldnt mind but first attempt he did loads of revision and 2nd did zero yet passed on 2nd but he said he knew the set up of the day better and the tests etc so wasnt as nervous. We cant decide between sydney or perth at the moment though, when we backpacked in oz we went to sydney and worked there and the dream was always to go back there, after looking at house prices we originally didnt think we could afford sydney but now we know we can if an hour away from city centre etc. perth was only an option as my aunty and uncle moved there and so is my brother so we are tornn between our dream or being nearer to family where we would have help if we needed babysitters and friendly faces obviously haha.

Nice, you must be so excited :0)

@Vickybfc if you use an agent, Id say try use one in the UK, mine is in Aus and the time difference can be a pain in the butt. Also make sure they are registered with Aus authorities, you can check the MRA number online. People dont always use them but if you find it all a bit of a mine field or you simply dont have the time then an agent can become very usefull.

Good luck to both of you :0)

Archived