Our first year.

kellyjamie

Hi Kelly,

Thankyou for sharing your story, its so nice to hear an honest and positive one. I am new to this forum and I'm only in the very early stages of research into the big move. We travelled Oz in 2006, almost migrated in 2011 and after having a break we are going to try again for next year.

I have been told by so many people that it is too hard now and that We will end up returning if we do go. Just need some positivity! My husband and I know it's what we want, so were just going to go for it! Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Love Corinne x

Guest BrisbaneBevan

Great story! We also arrived in Feb 2013 and have just completed a year in Brisbane. Also got a 6 year old daughter who has taken to school like a duck to water. We live close to the CBD, so are often strolling in to enjoy a pint down at South Bank. Let us know if you want to meet up!

As Joe Strummer says, why are people saying it's too hard now? And if you do move back then at least you would have tried it, you wouldn't have to live with the "what ifs" for the rest of your life. Be wary of other people's opinions, especially those of people who have no experience of this kind of thing. Everyone has their own agenda really - whether it's based on their own priorities, regret, or envy, or just a lack of interest. Australia's not for everyone, obviously. Get as many hard facts as possible, and if you think it could work out for you and you really want it to, then go for it.

Hi guys, thanks for the advice and confidence, I couldn't agree more! Everyone is saying it is too expensive now, but I think as with everywhere it depends on your lifestyle and what is important to you. I definitely want to give it a try and like you said if it doesn't work at least I tried and wont have regrets! I idea hasnt left my head since we travelked in 2006! Anyway theres Lots of research and planning ahead- exciting!!! I just hope we can find jobs to actually make the move. I'm going to make my own thread now (first one ! :-) ) thanks again for replies x