Good Food Show

M1cha3la

Just got the summer Good Food Show tickets, for only £8 each too :jiggy:

Have only been to the winter one before so really looking forward to it. We have super theatre tickets for the Hairy Bikers. Can not wait :cute:

Is anyone else going? Or if you have been before, got any recommendations/tips?

Xx

Edited by M1cha3la

I've been to them the last 2 years in Scotland. We saw the Hairy Bikers also & they were hilarious. Last year it was Mary a Berry & Paul Hollywood. There were lots of lovely food tasters on the stalls which was mainly local produce with some different ones selling things like buffalo meat. Also stalls selling kitchen gadgets & utensils.

I did enjoy them, it was a day out but it would be easy to spend a lot of money. Hope you enjoy it.

We went every year at the NEC and now do so every year at Jeff's Shed here.

Dress light. It gets hot in there.

Dress well, you get more samples in your glass.

Take a normal glass on a lanyard around your neck. Make it a small one. They sell them there, but they are expensive.

Take a backpack. They are annoying, but you won't have the space to drag a granny trolley.

After a few hours of collecting samples and junk mail, sit down and clear out/repack your backpack to make more space.

We generally collected pamphlets of what we liked so we could buy it later and not just drag it around.

It you have to buy something, ask them to hold it for you.

We always stayed in a b&b (book now).

The gentleman who ran this one gave us a lift there and back. http://www.kingscliffebandb.co.uk

Don't try to walk it, as we did one year. There were no footpaths and traffic was mad, we were both drunk, it was dark............

I ripped my good trousers on an unexpected culvert and ended up with a shoe full of blood. Didn't seem to hurt much.

Its a great day out.