Hi - Still in England looking to get a wHV

ThatDave

HI everyone, I'm 27 and still living in England but basically I want to take some time away from everything here and see more of the world, Oz seemed the ideal place for this, especially as my friend raves about it. I'll be travelling on my own and haven't booked anything yet (not really looking to go until January '15 due to funds etc.)

Basically I'm just going to keep bugging this forum for adivce and stuff because I am already sort of bricking it, but really want to do this, so I figured I'd best introduce myself. Hi.

• 2 weeks later...

hows it going dave :) im exactly the same as you. im only 21 and im looking to go solo as well. im thinking of going over in october of this year, but only if i have the funds to support me for this first few months until i find a job. if not, then il be looking at feb/march time, just to give me some more time to get more funds together.

iv heard a lot too from my friends and family. iv had a lot of feedback from friends that have done it before and they say its the best thing you can ever do!! so go ahead!! it will change your life :) im looking forward to it myself! :) and plus, a lot of people have told me that when you do it for the first year, you wont want to come back!

good luck dave!

Hi there - you'll love it. If it helps, when I did my WHV, there were a lot of people that were doing it on their own. ScotOz2014's advice is good - make sure you take enough to live off for the few months at least as it'll take the pressure off having to find something straight away. Live the adventure, ignore the homesickness in the first couple of weeks as it will pass and go for it! I'd love to do mine all over again if I could :cute:

Guest Guest40285

You'll be right chap, Whatever figure you have in your head to bring money wise, double it. I came on me own with bugger all, still here for now, Good luck and Happy days.

I got a whv and ended up staying to be honest that was the plan anyway. Had plenty of people tell me along the way I couldnt do it but I just stuck my fingers up at em what the **** they no anyway I have PR now.

Your have fan it's a great thing to do only wish is done it sooner

Archived