It pays to shop around.

Mike@Bonbeach

Hi

I have always shopped around for the cheaper deals without the loss of quality.

Car insurance,house/contents insurance etc. never found it possible in the UK but here it certainly pays to shop around for your energy bills.

For example, I have been on what I thought was a good discount rate with the power company, but out of curiousity I went to iselect.com to just see what is on offer as my contract period was just about to terminate. I found that the company we were with was offering 20% discount on electricity, and we were currently on 14%. 5 minutes on the phone to them and they immediately offered 18% and when I asked why iselect was saying 20% she went away for a minute or two and came back and offered 22%.

The only downside is that you have to chase them every year for the discounts otherwise all discounts are lost until you re-negotiate.

Makes me feel better anyway.

Mike

Same here. Last time I signed up (2 yrs ago) I thought to myself 'I'll research it a bit more next time'. Well, the 2 years is up but I just can't be arsed.

sad but true that's why these companies don't bother to stay competitive for the majority of customers, cause everyone accepts high prices and poor service.

Archived