Avionics Technician needing a job ha ha

Guest deb and stoo

Guest deb and stoo

:D

Yo dudes

Just joinned today and know its a long way off until we finally get there but just wondering if there were any other aircraft engineers out there looking for work in the future ?

It's all I've ever done,but would of course try my hand at anything to support thr family once we get there. We thought Adelaide a good choice as its just opened a brand new airport so surely they might be desperate enough to employ me :shock:

Anyway be nice to chat to some fellow hopefuls.

Deb & Stoo

If you're a LAME then there'll probably be no worries. Quantas like many others are trying to source maintenance offshore but there's still plenty of work around.

However, if like me you work in design & manf then a little harder, this sector of the industry is pretty small. There is Boeing who have facilities at Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney & Melb. Beyond that I'm not sure at all - maybe Ball Engineering, Pacific Turbine among others? I haven't worked in aerospace since coming to aus as there was nothing doing when I arrived. At the moment engineers of almost all kinds are in short supply it seems so don't worry if you're prepared to be flexible.

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Fatpom

Thank you for the reply,I am licenced so fingers crossed it might work in my favour though only really have experience of the bigger aircraft,Boeing and Airbus mostly.I am prepared to be very flexible and hoping theat Adelaide's new airport might have a few jobs kicking around.

We are still in the early stages,just sent off the SIR form, but have registered on the 'quietagent.com' site and e mailed all the airlines at Adelaide Airport.

Once again thanks for the advice.

Deb & Stoo

No worries.

You'll find work on big aircraft relatively easy I suspect. About 3-4 years ago I know they were pretty deparate for all types of LAME's. Not sure of the current situation but with your experience you should be right.

Good luck with the application :)

Archived