VIT Registered teacher Skill assessment not suitable because of less than 45 days supervised

Pammy

Hi All,

i am a VIT Registered teacher from India currently living in Melbourne. My application for Skill Assessment as a Secondary teacher is rejected saying that I am 'not suitable' because my initial teacher qualification from India has only 30 date of supervised teaching practice but not 45 as required by AITSL.it's so frustrating coz if I am a full registered teacher already teaching in Australia so how can they turn down my application just because of the one stupid eligibility criteria . It's obvious that at least 45 days criteria is required to be met to get a teaching licence but if a person has a licence already then are they not biased in their decision?

• 6 months later...

I am from India and my wife application for Skill Assessment as a Secondary teacher is rejected saying that she is 'not suitable' because University (IGNOU) not certified 45 days of supervised teaching. I have requested University to provide certificate which they have agreed to give.

My question here is, is it useful if I can reapply my wife's case or I can drop this.

Please advice.

Samuel

The VIT provides for provisional registration for applicants who have experience teaching overseas but no Australian or NZ teaching experience. So it is possible to register for a VIT if then English IELTS component is met too. However, it does not guarantee an AITSL accreditation. One of the criteria is to have 45 days of teacher training which must be verified by the training university. AITSL has also me some other criteria like the basic degree other than teaching needs to be at least 4 years. You will need both AITSL and VIT to be positive to launch a 189 or 190. The AITSL is more strict than the VIT

I am from India and my wife application for Skill Assessment as a Secondary teacher is rejected saying that she is 'not suitable' because University (IGNOU) not certified 45 days of supervised teaching. I have requested University to provide certificate which they have agreed to give.

My question here is, is it useful if I can reapply my wife's case or I can drop this.

Please advice.

Samuel

The AITSL will contact the university to authenticate the cert or reference letter. If all criteria is met it should be ok and u should reapply.

• 2 years later...

Hi Samue,l wanted to know whom to contact (appointment and phone number) in IGNOU to obtain 45 days certificate and how to go about it. I completed my B.Ed in 2011 from IGNOU and is interested to migrate to Australia. Any further information is welcomed as I will also apply for secondary teacher.

Archived