Got 7.5, give a shot at IELTS again?

joshbay84

I got my IELTS result today, it was : L-7,R-8,W-7,S-8 making overall score 7.5. I was not at all optimistic, and had given the Exam without any preparation. My Question is, if I give IELTS again (in an attempt to get 8 ), will that latest result override my current score, i.e - can I still use my current score in the application( in case I get lesser score :embarrassed:) ?

When I applied for my visa (189) they didn't go with my overall mark they went with my lowest mark. I think you could submit your EOI with your current score then change it when you get a better score.

I cant believe they just use the lowest score (I do believe you, it just seems stupid) what is the point of the overall :err:

I cant believe they just use the lowest score (I do believe you, it just seems stupid) what is the point of the overall :err:

Totally pointless! My mate got an overall of 8 but only got awarded 10 points as his lowest score was 7.5.

Totally pointless! My mate got an overall of 8 but only got awarded 10 points as his lowest score was 7.5.

My DH will be the same then, as he got an overall of 8, but he did get 7.5 in reading. Thankfully we only claimed 10 points anyway. Its certainly a mine field. Have you booked your medicals yet? X

Guest guest30085

You can use any of your attempts at IELTS, but the one you use MUST have been completed before you submit your EOI. The points you claim for must have been obtained before your expression of interest, so you can't submit EOI and then try to better your score and use a test dated after EOI.

For 10 points you must obtain at least 7 in all four categories of reading, writing, listening and speaking. To gain 20 points you must obtain at least 8 in all four categories. Ignore the overall score, it means nothing in the visa process.

My DH will be the same then, as he got an overall of 8, but he did get 7.5 in reading. Thankfully we only claimed 10 points anyway. Its certainly a mine field. Have you booked your medicals yet? X

Yes booked in for 28th Feb. Have you booked yours yet? I've uploaded my P60s from 2006 onwards, letter from employer proving my employments dates and a letter from my uni so far. Rest of certificates are getting certified by a pals Dad so hopefully have them uploaded by next week. How you getting on with everything?

When you planning going over?

Yes booked in for 28th Feb. Have you booked yours yet? I've uploaded my P60s from 2006 onwards, letter from employer proving my employments dates and a letter from my uni so far. Rest of certificates are getting certified by a pals Dad so hopefully have them uploaded by next week. How you getting on with everything?

When you planning going over?

We have ours booked for the end of the month. Feeling nervous for some reason. There is nothing wrong with us, :laugh:I will just worry till we pass.

Everything is uploaded, as our agent is super organised and had everything ready. Thank god for that man :laugh:

Oh we are just waiting on the police checks too.

We are hoping to head over next year, will depend on selling the house really. How about you? X

We have ours booked for the 24th.. Feeling nervous for some reason. There is nothing wrong with us, :laugh:I will just worry till we pass.

Everything is uploaded, as our agent is super organised and had everything ready. Thank god for that man :laugh:

Oh we are just waiting on the police checks too.

We are hoping to head over next year, will depend on selling the house really. How about you? X

I'll be worried too but its only natural.

I'm doing everything myself so pressure's on for me to get it right. Waiting for my police check too.

Hoping to be in Sydney by end of October. Where are you moving too?

I'll be worried too but its only natural.

I'm doing everything myself so pressure's on for me to get it right. Waiting for my police check too.

Hoping to be in Sydney by end of October. Where are you moving too?

Hats off to you for doing it yourself :wubclub:

Perth or Adelaide for us. The company we work for has an office in Adelaide, so would be nice if we could transfer, but if not we have family in Perth. We are going to do a reccie (?) this year and have a look around :cute:. Have you been before? X

Hats off to you for doing it yourself :wubclub:

Perth or Adelaide for us. The company we work for has an office in Adelaide, so would be nice if we could transfer, but if not we have family in Perth. We are going to do a reccie (?) this year and have a look around :cute:. Have you been before? X

Yea I spent 6 weeks travelling the East coast during the summer and spent 2 weeks in Sydney with friends over Christmas and New Year.

I love it over there :jiggy:

• 6 months later...

Hi, can anyone confirm.... I submitted my ielts score to skills assessment authority for midwifery (8.5 overall but 7.5 reading so 10 visa points)

I need 20 points so need to resit. Can you use a better score for E.O.I even if you've submitted a score to relevant skills assessing authority prior to eoi?

Hope this makes sense!! Thanks

Hi, can anyone confirm.... I submitted my ielts score to skills assessment authority for midwifery (8.5 overall but 7.5 reading so 10 visa points)

I need 20 points so need to resit. Can you use a better score for E.O.I even if you've submitted a score to relevant skills assessing authority prior to eoi?

Hope this makes sense!! Thanks

Yes, the IELTS you use for skills assessment and the IELTS you use for points can be two different tests. In fact, many nurses who need all 7s in Academic IELTS do that for skills assessment and then do the (reportedly easier) General IELTS in the hope of getting all 8s for points purposes.

Archived