Transfering from the UK branch to the Oz branch

shayneb

Hi all,

I am going to be starting employment for an Australian company in their UK office in a few months, with an opportunity to move out to the Australian office. This is one of the reasons I am taking the position at the UK office so as to eventually move to Australia with the family. I've been trying to get some gen on how smooth this transition will be and also what I need\the employer needs to do in terms of visas etc etc.

I have been trawling the internet for information and I keep coming up against a blank, the 457 visa is batted around allot but no definitive answer. Falling short of talking to the embassy can anyone throw some light on the procedure.

Thanks

Shayneb

Have you looked at the government site. http://Www.immi.gov.au.

Employer sponsored visas are the 457 temporary, not ideal if you have a family.

Permanent visas are available too via the employer route ENS 186 and RSMS187

they are all different but basically both your employer and you must meet the criteria to get a visa.

This is not the only way, you can apply direct if you qualify for a skilled visa.

Firstly what do you do? The job is important, as are your qualifications, experience and age. The more you tell us the more we can help.

Start by identifying your job on the skilled list, the title is a guide but you need to look at the description to be sure.

Jobs need to be on certain lists to qualify for a visa, so that is a good starting point.

Hello and welcome :)

Rammygirl has given some good pointers to get you started.

FWIW, the embassy won't be able to help re visas and so on. That is not their purpose. If you did speak to someone there chance are they may know less that you. Its all online to read on the Aus immigration site. If you take a browse there, have a fair old read you'll soon get to grips with it all.

Hi rammygirl,

Thanks for your response, I am a 44 year old Flight Data Analyst, the company have a base office in Melbourne and a UK office. It is a very specialized job and there are no real qualifications as it is all experience.

I can't find any job descriptions on the skilled list that match my job description! so not sure if I can apply for the skilled visa. The employer is very interested in my move to Oz because there is very few FDM analysts, specifically those that have my experience (27 years Avionic Technician, 15 of those years in Flight Data Monitoring).

I think that the 457 visa is a no then and therefore will have to pursue the ENS186.

What do you (or anyone else) think?

Shayneb

Can you find your job on the CSOL?

i think the only visa that will accept any job on the full ANZCO list is the RSMS but a base in Melbourne rules that out as needs to be regional, unless the office is not in the city itself?

if your company really wants you in Australia they may need to consult an agent to help them.

Your skills may fit more than one job description can you fit into one on the list at all?

The only description I can find is 323111 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics), which I do have some course qualification certificates from my former avionic days (1996). The company is based near Melbourne Int Airport so I doubt it is classed as regional.

I have scanned the SOL and CSOL (look very similar lists) Would it be benifical to consult an agent and get there advice, if so are there any recommendations. Getting a bit nervous now as this (possibility of getting a visa) really would be a deciding factor to taking the job. I hadn't realized how much of a minefield this would be......

Thanks

Shayneb

Archived