Mackay (QLD) Info

Guest paulhayleyswales

Guest paulhayleyswales

Hi, can anybody provide any info on Mackay in Queensland. MY family and I are awaiting our visa b4 moving over in the next few months. Any info regarding best areas in which to live, good infant/primary schools etc will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Guest pirate willy

hello, im a bricky and ive heard that this place is gonna be the next area to boom if its not already,so any info will be good thanks.

H there

We are also hopefully moving to Mackay in the next few months (that is if I can get the documents submitted with the online visa - just hit a problem aarrgh!). Are you going to work at the hospital by any chance?

I have posted before about Mackay and got some good feed back from RossDV8 who lives in Mackay. If you look back on the Queensland posts, ( about page 4 or 5 I think ) you should be able to find it. It has some useful bits of info on it.

On the whole Mackay seems to be a decent place to live, apart from the terrible floods they have had recently of course.

anyway I hope this is of some use to you

Cheers Erma

• 2 months later...
Guest lala28

Hi I lived in Mackay last year for 5 months. Unfortunately we had to return to the UK due to illness in the family (uk). We are now considering going back.

It was a big culture shock at first but Mackay is a beautiful place and the people are lovely. If you would like any more info please ask.

Laura x

Guest lala28

Me again! We lived in Eimeo which was lovely and Eimeo state school (primary) is fab. There are lots of suburbs though so it's hard to say where is the best. Glenella is also nice but i know that a lot of people suffered with the floods there so not sure what kind of state it is in.

Hi all

Me and my family are to be moving to Mackay soon also, so its good to hear of other brits that are making the move to this place too. I'm going to be working in Sarina on a rail project but looking to live in the North of Mackay, so any advice will help. I have 3 daughters, 11, 9 and 3. Looking forward to a better lifestyle !!!:smile:

• 2 months later...

We are also going to Mackay in the next 6 weeks or so I will be working in an engineering factory next to the airport. We are looking at Mnt Pleasant, it seems more expensive than other areas but it looks nice and is near to everything we should need.

2 kids 1 boy 10 and 1 girl 6. from all the home work I have done it seems a great place to live, maybee a little quiet for some.

Schools seem plentiful and good. Rental property seems to get snapped up very fast.

Maybee our paths will cross one day dude.

Good luck see you there.

John

We are also going to Mackay in the next 6 weeks or so I will be working in an engineering factory next to the airport. We are looking at Mnt Pleasant, it seems more expensive than other areas but it looks nice and is near to everything we should need.

2 kids 1 boy 10 and 1 girl 6. from all the home work I have done it seems a great place to live, maybee a little quiet for some.

Schools seem plentiful and good. Rental property seems to get snapped up very fast.

Maybee our paths will cross one day dude.

Good luck see you there.

John

Been looking at that area ourselves too John, Blacks beach too but its a bit far out but looks the part. We should be there before the end of Sept, if we get there before you I'll make sure the beer is cold for when you land mate:cool:

Steve

Been looking at that area ourselves too John, Blacks beach too but its a bit far out but looks the part. We should be there before the end of Sept, if we get there before you I'll make sure the beer is cold for when you land mate:cool:

Steve

Sounds good to me pal, what are you doing out there.

Lets try and meet up 1 day.

John

Sounds good to me pal, what are you doing out there.

Lets try and meet up 1 day.

John

Goint to be working as an engineer on a rail goods yard in Sarina. Cant wait to get there now, had enough of the weather !!! lol.

We been looking at Mt Pleasent, Bucasia, Beaconsfield, Eimeo & Glenella as well as Blacks Beach. I reckon it will be a quick decision when we find a house tho as you say, the rentals go pretty quick ! may end up as neighbours yet mate.

Meet up sounds good, I believe there is quite a lot of brits moving to this neck of woods too.

Steve

Hi if you google Mackay you can get on to their web site and get a brochure on Mackay sent to your home address, I've asked for one hasn't come yet but hey its quite far away. Hope this helps.

Archived