Transportation

Hailee

Hi all, I am moving to Australia (from the USA) hopefully in late March or April. My visa is currently being processed and I am just starting to do some research to prepare myself for the big move. I'm really concerned about one aspect which is transportation. I'll be first moving to Sydney and wondering what other backpackers are doing to get to and from work. Is everyone just buying a car? I can't really afford that and was hoping people had found other solutions. Thanks!

PS any general advice on getting ready/preparing to move would be appreciated as well, thanks!

Hi all, I am moving to Australia (from the USA) hopefully in late March or April. My visa is currently being processed and I am just starting to do some research to prepare myself for the big move. I'm really concerned about one aspect which is transportation. I'll be first moving to Sydney and wondering what other backpackers are doing to get to and from work. Is everyone just buying a car? I can't really afford that and was hoping people had found other solutions. Thanks!

PS any general advice on getting ready/preparing to move would be appreciated as well, thanks!

Who goes to work by car? Hardly anyway I know, public transport...

Sydney has buses and trains going all over the place so you should be fine. Depending on where you live cycling is another option and in the long term the most cost effective as you can sell your bike after.

Im not sure how good sydney transport is, have a Oz mate who said they its not all that reliable, but dont take my word for it.

Archived