Migration criminial record

Shazzyq

Hi I am hoping to immigrate in sept/oct i have a sponsor however when my husband who is obviously coming too along with my 2 kids however my husband has 4 criminal convictions 1 assault 1 breach of the peace (3 months in prison was the sentance) and 2 possessions off drugs which he received a fine for all except the breach of the peace. This all happened between 15 and 17 years ago when he was in his early twenties and he has never been in trouble since. Usual he got in with the wrong crowd and now we are worried it is going to come back stop our dream move. Does anyone have any idea if this would affect the visa!! Plz help ?

Hi I am hoping to immigrate in sept/oct i have a sponsor however when my husband who is obviously coming too along with my 2 kids however my husband has 4 criminal convictions 1 assault 1 breach of the peace (3 months in prison was the sentance) and 2 possessions off drugs which he received a fine for all except the breach of the peace. This all happened between 15 and 17 years ago when he was in his early twenties and he has never been in trouble since. Usual he got in with the wrong crowd and now we are worried it is going to come back stop our dream move. Does anyone have any idea if this would affect the visa!! Plz help 

From what I have been told your husband should have no problem at all. I have a record too but from 2007 and I have been told in 18 months I shouldn't have a problem. I was sentenced to 18 months in prison for mine so you should be fine.

Thanks for replying if u dont mind me asking who gave you the information? Thanks again and good luck for your future too fingers crossed we get there!

I got it from an agent based in Scotland, company called OE.

Fingers crossed for you too, we are a while away yet but will get there :D

Thanks yes i have but as we have 2 kids that we are relocating etc we wanted to be sure especially before we sell our house!! I have a sponsor so once the process is started apparently it can be quick for the skilled visa to go thro! Its a big risk but the rewards r immense!!

Thanks yes i have but as we have 2 kids that we are relocating etc we wanted to be sure especially before we sell our house!! I have a sponsor so once the process is started apparently it can be quick for the skilled visa to go thro! Its a big risk but the rewards r immense!!

I also don't think this will be a show stopper. But it never a good idea to sell the house or give up jobs or leave school or make any other major steps, until you have the via in your hands.

Archived