skill assessment cook/chef

beni29

Hi all i am long time follower first time poster ..need bit of advise regarding skill assessment ..i am looking at getting done skill assessment as cook or chef but can not any useful info on TRA Website tried to ring them but the guy i was talking to seems to be falling asleep could not get any info out of him either. please help i have full skill assessment as cook under ASCO ( NOT SURE IF ITS STILL ACCEPTED FOR STATE NOMINATION 489 ANYMORE)but i want to get it done under ANZCO. whats the requirement or procedure to do it ..or i can get it done as chef as i have as cook under ASCO PLEASE HELP

THANK YOU

Hi blossom79 ..i have skill assessment as cook but its old one under ASCO code i got it done before they introduced ANZCO ...what i want do now is option 1 change my previous ASCO skill assessment into ANZCO AS cook

2 .or start complete new process an get skill assessment done as chef

Are you a chef or a cook? Which do you want to apply under? Is there an expiry date on the skills assessment you do have, it must be quite old if it uses the old codes.

If cook and chef are on the CSOL then yes state sponsorship might be an option, but would depend on you securing state sponsorship, so you need to check if any states are sponsoring those occupations.

hi Rupert thank you so much for reply ...my skill assessment doesn't have expiry date on it its old one ..i was looking at NSW 489 VISA sponsorship they have cook and chef both in demand ..i was looking at both chef/ cook options whichever is easier to get done. i got Australian cert IV and diploma in hospitality and i also have bachelor degree for which i can claim 15 points. but don't know where to start from..

When job classifications were converted to ANZSCO, the following information on transitional arrangements was released:

http://www.immi.gov.au/employers/anzsco/transitional-arrangements.htm

It says in part...

Applications with a mix of ASCO and ANZSCO information

To ensure that prospective visa applicants and employers who want to sponsor or nominate someone under the skilled visa program are not disadvantaged, legislation and policy guidelines have been developed to allow ASCO-based documents and information to be accepted after the introduction of ANZSCO in certain circumstances.

Examples:

• A nomination or visa application lodged after 1 July 2010 will have an ANZSCO nominated occupation, but the applicant might submit an ASCO skills assessment they had previously obtained from an SAA, provided that the skills assessment is still valid.
  • A visa applicant who lodged their application before 1 July 2010 with an ASCO nominated occupation, may need to submit an ANZSCO skills assessment if it is subsequently obtained after 1 July 2010

TRA skills assessments don't expire, so according to the above( which is on the DIBP website), your current assessment can still be used.

Don't confuse the occupations of Chef (ANZSCO 351311) and Cook (351411) though - you seem to be using them intechangeably and they're two entirely different occupations. Under ASCO, Cook was 4513-11 which correlates to ANZSCO 351411 and Chef was 3322-11 which correlates to ANZSCO 351311. If you want to use your existing skills assessment, you will have to nominate the correlated ANZSCO occupation. If you want to nominate the other occupation, you'll need a new skills assessment.

http://www.immi.gov.au/employers/_pdf/asco-anzsco-correlations-all-occupations.pdf ASCO > ANZSCO correlations

When job classifications were converted to ANZSCO, the following information on transitional arrangements was released:

http://www.immi.gov.au/employers/anzsco/transitional-arrangements.htm

It says in part...

Applications with a mix of ASCO and ANZSCO information

To ensure that prospective visa applicants and employers who want to sponsor or nominate someone under the skilled visa program are not disadvantaged, legislation and policy guidelines have been developed to allow ASCO-based documents and information to be accepted after the introduction of ANZSCO in certain circumstances.

Examples:

• A nomination or visa application lodged after 1 July 2010 will have an ANZSCO nominated occupation, but the applicant might submit an ASCO skills assessment they had previously obtained from an SAA, provided that the skills assessment is still valid.

• A visa applicant who lodged their application before 1 July 2010 with an ASCO nominated occupation, may need to submit an ANZSCO skills assessment if it is subsequently obtained after 1 July 2010

TRA skills assessments don't expire, so according to the above( which is on the DIBP website), your current assessment can still be used.

Don't confuse the occupations of Chef (ANZSCO 351311) and Cook (351411) though - you seem to be using them intechangeably and they're two entirely different occupations. Under ASCO, Cook was 4513-11 which correlates to ANZSCO 351411 and Chef was 3322-11 which correlates to ANZSCO 351311. If you want to use your existing skills assessment, you will have to nominate the correlated ANZSCO occupation. If you want to nominate the other occupation, you'll need a new skills assessment.

http://www.immi.gov.au/employers/_pdf/asco-anzsco-correlations-all-occupations.pdf ASCO > ANZSCO correlations

thank you so much ozmaniac for this very important and useful piece of information ..in this case i don't have to worry about skill assessment. i'll now be looking at states which have cook in their demand list.

thank you again

Archived