HELP!!! Uk qualifications to Australian qualifications

Diamondgirly04

Hi, I am just so confused as to whether I would be in with a chance of a visa. I am currently an Estate Agent and have been for the last 7 years. My highest qualification is a National Diploma (level 3 qual) but it is not at all linked to being an Estate Agent (it's a Public Service Diploma). I have read it needs to be commensurate with an AQF III qualification. Can anyone help me on this matter? Can I apply for a visa even though my diploma is not that relevant to my job? Do I have to complete an Australian qualification AQF III?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!! X

You first need to check if your occupation is on one of the skills lists. Go to immi.gov.au and check the SOL and CSOL lists. If it is on one of them then there will be a number next to it. Google this number and it will tell you what you need to pass the skills assessment. If it is only on the CSOL then you would need either company or state sponsorship.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Real Estate is unfortunately not on the SOL list but is on the CSOL list. The qualification information tells me I need a qualification equal to an AQF III. I can't find anywhere on the internet that tells me if a Nation Diploma is equal to this. Are you able to help with this question. Thank you.

I dont know, but you could give the body responsible for assessing the skills a call. Failing that it might be worth speaking to a registered migration agent. Most of the better ones will give you an initial consultation for free.

If the job is only on the CSOL then you need to check if any of the states are sponsoring it as it will need either state or company sponsorship and state would be far better than company

Local knowledge and experience would come into it. Surprised to see we need agents, there are so many and every Tom Dick and Harry can get a job as one as long as the owner has the licence. I guess the need may be in the commercial and valuation area where more expertise is needed.

Thank you very much for your help, I will check it all out with a migration agent. I was surprised to see real estate on a list but happy that it is if it is going to help me move. It would be better to go for a visa with my husband as the lead, he is in the education sector. Fingers crossed!!!

Archived