Newbie hoping for some advice please on employment.

ZOE009

Please any advice will be very helpful postive or negative. Myself and my hubby have put the house on the market leaving very good jobs in UK. Its just I keep reading negative comments on employment. I work for a refinery in the Accounts department and I am AAT qualifed but this dosent seem to equate to much in Australia any advice on this would be helpful especially on the currect job market.

Huby line of work is t vehcle mechanic/boats so any advice on this would also be appreciated.

:biggrin:

From what I have discovered so far, it depends on where you are in Australia and what you do job wise.

Where we live, my line of work is hugely in demand, hence I found a sponsor easily, however, my OH has not been able to get any work since we

moved here. The one bonus of Australia, again depending on where you live, you may be able to survive on just one wage to start.

From what I have discovered so far, it depends on where you are in Australia and what you do job wise.

Where we live, my line of work is hugely in demand, hence I found a sponsor easily, however, my OH has not been able to get any work since we

moved here. The one bonus of Australia, again depending on where you live, you may be able to survive on just one wage to start.

Sorry I forgot to say we are wanting to go to SOR Perth what line of work are you in?

Hi Zoe.

Yep, I think you will struggle to find Australians who are familiar with AAT although there are a lot of people from the UK in Perth so it's not impossible that a prospective employer will know what it is.

Your experience is probably more important though. What is it you do/have done at the refinery e.g. Purchase/sales ledger, management accounting, cash & banking etc?

Hi Zoe.

Yep, I think you will struggle to find Australians who are familiar with AAT although there are a lot of people from the UK in Perth so it's not impossible that a prospective employer will know what it is.

Your experience is probably more important though. What is it you do/have done at the refinery e.g. Purchase/sales ledger, management accounting, cash & banking etc?

I currently work in cash & banking, but I have experience in p & s ledger, payroll and general all rounder accounts with 20 years experience.

I hoping to go on to CA or CPA once in Perth.

I currently work in cash & banking, but I have experience in p & s ledger, payroll and general all rounder accounts with 20 years experience.

I hoping to go on to CA or CPA once in Perth.

broad experience will never go wrong although obviously payroll will be quite different.

CPA is probably the easier route as the requirements for CA can be quite challenging to fulfil outside of a practice based environment.

Not too sure on this but I do know the banks offer sponsorship so may be a start, I don't know your personal situation but I suggest to anyone coming to not sell up completely if you can rent your house out might be a good option - given housing is on the up in the UK. Again just advice and not sure of your personal position.

Archived