Where to start? Help on a 190 to ACT

the4larkins

Hi everyone,

I am very new to this but have been dreaming of emigrating for sometime. I have found that my occupation of a Post office Manger is on the Skilled list for ACT and is classed as 'open'. My queries are as follows:

• Am i right in thinking that i have to provide 5 advertisements to support my application? If so, i have found this difficult to find just one lol!
  • I do the IELTS test (need for points) and have my skills assessed before i lodge my application for ACT SS?
  • With the skills assessments, i worked in this industry a year an half ago for 7 years in three separate offices but only have some wage slips for last post. How do i prove my pay for two other posts of employment (other then reference letter)? What should i get ready and how long does it take as i turn 33 in May and don't want to lose those vital points!
  • What is ACT like for families? i have two daughters aged 10 an 7.

Thank you for reading!!

ACT is really bad for having occupations on the list but not with job vacancies to go with them unfortunately. You'd struggle to think that there is a dearth of post office managers TBH -Australia Post seems quite replete.

ACT is fine for families really. Good facilities, fair bit going on, education so so. No beach but 4 seasons weather and views of bush from anywhere and a fair bit of water due to the local lakes. You could do a whole lot worse if you can find a job.

Hi everyone,

I am very new to this but have been dreaming of emigrating for sometime. I have found that my occupation of a Post office Manger is on the Skilled list for ACT and is classed as 'open'. My queries are as follows:

• Am i right in thinking that i have to provide 5 advertisements to support my application? If so, i have found this difficult to find just one lol!

• I do the IELTS test (need for points) and have my skills assessed before i lodge my application for ACT SS?

• With the skills assessments, i worked in this industry a year an half ago for 7 years in three separate offices but only have some wage slips for last post. How do i prove my pay for two other posts of employment (other then reference letter)? What should i get ready and how long does it take as i turn 33 in May and don't want to lose those vital points!

• What is ACT like for families? i have two daughters aged 10 an 7.

Thank you for reading!![/quote/]

You can call up your local HMRC tax office and they will provide you with what is called a "statement of employment" for each year you request, if you just explain that you can't find your P60's or wage slips. This statement will show each employer that you worked for in that tax year and how much you were paid/how much tax you paid.

Archived