Medicals - what do you need?

M1cha3la

Apologies if this has been asked before, I did a quick search but could not find anything. Do you need to take anything with you to your medicals? I.e. Your records from your GP?

We are not quite there yet, but I am changing doctors soon, so wondered if its worth requesting copies before moving?

I was told to only bring the e-medical referral letter (which you generate when you fill out the online form your CO sends you the link to), my passport, contact lenses and/or glasses if you wear them and a report from my GP only if I was treated for something serious.

There's space for a photo on the medical referral letter but they said they'll take the photo at the practice, so no need to provide one.

Oh yeah, and the money of course :P

(cash or credit card)

Thanks guys :wubclub:

I don't have any medical issues (touch wood) so should be ok. DH has asthma though and had to have quite a lot of tests the year before last surrounding it. He has ultimately got the all clear per se, and is now just on the standard inhalers. Is it best to take his medical records do you think?

And yep lots of money :laugh:

Thanks xx

The questions are as follows:

Have you ever been diagnosed with Tuberculosis or had to take treatment for it?

Have you ever been in close contact with someone with TB at work or home?

Have you ever been admitted to hospital and/or received medical treatment for an extended period for any reason (including a major op or psychiatric illness) (NOTE THAT THIS IS A QUESTION SPECIFIC TO TREATMENT NOT INVESTIGATION)

Do you suffer, or have ever suffered from mental health problems?

Have you ever been told you are HIV positive?

Do you have, or have you ever had, hepatitis, problems with your liver or yellowing of the skin? (PRESUMABLY THEY MEAN JAUNDICE?)

Do you have, or have you ever had cancer in the last five years?

Do you have high blood sugar/diabetes?

Do you have heart problems, including high blood pressure or a heart condition that you were born with?

Do you have a blood condition?

Do you have bladder or kidney problems?

Do you have a physical or intellectual disability that make it difficult for you to function independently (for example, to move around or learn) or work full-time?

Do you need to take drugs or drink alcohol regularly?

Are you taking prescribed pills or medication (excluding oral contraceptives, over-the-counter medication and natural supplements)? If yes, please list these. (THIS IS WHERE YOU WOULD PUT THE ASTHMA INHALERS DOWN)

Are you pregnant?

Thanks guys :wubclub:

I don't have any medical issues (touch wood) so should be ok. DH has asthma though and had to have quite a lot of tests the year before last surrounding it. He has ultimately got the all clear per se, and is now just on the standard inhalers. Is it best to take his medical records do you think?

And yep lots of money :laugh:

Thanks xx

I'd not worry. I only took my 3 different inhalers (boxed with my name on to show prescribed for me by GP) and that was all. Barely rated a mention. If it was really serious asthma and regularly requiring hospitalisation or serious home treatment then you may need more evidence but otherwise don't worry.

Archived