Jump to content

Driving in SA - License help???


Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, samwise said:

Can I transfer my Dubai DL to SA? Or I have to do the theory and practical driving tests, and Driving classes? Any idea how much does it cost?


If you're on a temporary visa, then you don't have to -  people working in South Australia on temporary visas can drive with an overseas licence as long as that licence has not expired.

If you're a permanent resident (with a current license) & you're aged over 20, then you'll have to first pass these three tests: theory test, hazard perception test, practical driving test.

If you had a UK license (for example) you wouldn't have had to do the 3 tests, however for a UAE license, you have to do the tests.

According to the govt website, theory test is $34, hazard perception test is $30, driving license is $43 plus $17 admin.

Just have a read through https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/driving-and-transport/drivers-and-licences/drivers-licence/drivers-licence-transfer


  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...