489 Family Sponsor waiting time...

mpatel1972

Hi,

I have completed back in October my EOI for 489 - family sponsor, WA state. My occupation (business analyst) seems to be in demand as it's reaching it's overall quota (56 spaces left).

Should I wait and see what happens or should I re-apply for another state under 190? Totally confused and am in need of some advice.

Thanks

Mitesh

Hi,

With EOI, you can choose more than 1 visa type. So you can try to apply for 190 state sponsorship while keeping 489 fs for your eoi.

Hi,

I have completed back in October my EOI for 489 - family sponsor, WA state. My occupation (business analyst) seems to be in demand as it's reaching it's overall quota (56 spaces left).

Should I wait and see what happens or should I re-apply for another state under 190? Totally confused and am in need of some advice.

Thanks

Mitesh

• 3 months later...

Mpatel!I have a question for you.

I am in the process of moving to Australia. And I have a doubt:

The other day I receive this email of WA

Dear Mr Bernardo Your occupation Welfare Care Manager (ANZSCO 134214) has not been included in the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation List (WASMOL) in the last 4 years. However, as your occupation is included on the Australian Skilled Occupation List (SOL), you may wish to consider the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) – http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx The Family sponsored Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) may also be suitable if your grandmother is willing to sponsor you –http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx . While State nominated 489 visa holders are not able to live or work in Perth, Family sponsored 489 visa holders are able to live and work in Perth.

My doubt is the following: does my occupation need to be in WA lists???Because in this email they are not mentioning this. My occupation appears in SOL, CSOL but not in WASOL.....

You understand what I mean?They are telling me that 489 Family sponsor visa is suitable for me whilst my occupation is not appearing in their lists...

Thanks and I look forward to your response,

Bernardo

If your occupation in on SOL and if you have 60 points, then you apply for 189. This visa will allow to live in any state in Oz and there is no restriction.

Apologies but I can't remember the rules around 489 (it's been sometime) and the occupation. The only thing I know on 489 is that the priority is very low. I initially applied for 489 family sponsor but due low priority, I never got the invitation. 189/190 visas very given the priority.

Note, I'm not an expert in this visa. I'm just sharing my experience.

• 1 month later...

My doubt is the following: does my occupation need to be in WA lists???Because in this email they are not mentioning this. My occupation appears in SOL, CSOL but not in WASOL.....

You understand what I mean?They are telling me that 489 Family sponsor visa is suitable for me whilst my occupation is not appearing in their lists...

Thanks and I look forward to your response,

Bernardo

They are 100% right on what they told you.

If you plan to go for the 489FS then your nominated occupation must be in the SOL. I have applied for a 489FS since Sep 2013 and I m aware of its rules and requirements. The 489FS is a different case than the 489SS.

The bad things regarding the 489FS are the limited number of invitations per month and the long processing time. I have applied for a 489FS since Sep 2013 but I m still waiting for my grant :skeptical:

Archived