pr visa expires ?

Juliep

hi

on my visa label it as the granted date plus multiple travel then says not to arrive after june 2015

does this mean my visa runs out then ? I moved back to the UK 3 years ago but plan to move back to Oz at the end of the year

juliep

The PR visa allows you to move to Australia and live here indefinitely. However the travel rights last for 5 years only, so if you live in Australia and want to travel overseas after 5 years, you need to apply for a Resident Return Visa to allow you to re-enter Australia. Assuming you have solid ties (live and work here) to Australia, it's likely you would get a 5-year RRV and then have 5 more years of travel rights. However if you move away from Australia and want to be able to be able to return, you again need to apply for the RRV, and your eligibility will depend on how well you can demonstrate ties to Australia.

In your case, since you plan to move back before June 2015 that will not be a problem. But if you want to travel after June 2015 then you need to look at the RRV if you want to be able to come back again.

Another option is to live here long enough to apply for Citizenship in which case you can come and go as you please.

Archived