Who has Snow?

alcocainmel

Guest JoanneHattersley

Brisbane clean as a whistle! No white stuff but I hear Dagenham in Essex (UK) has plenty of snow coming down!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sheerluck

Just had a picture message from my older sister who lives in the wilds of Suffolk, with a piccie of my 4 year old niece calf deep in snow, building a snowman that's twice as tall as she is, and the words were "Do you know what you're missing?"

Funny thing is I'M NOT MISSING IT AT ALL!!!!!!!!! ***goes and gets another cold beer out of the fridge***

Dave

Just been speaking with friends and family in Surrey and West Sussex and its snowing there aswell.

Although I love the weather here I have to say that I am sort of missing the snow, the boys used to love it!! (Driving in it was always a no go for me tho)!! :arghh:

Deb xx

Guest MariAndyok

Dave,

we're heading to Gold Coast hopefully, lost out on points when I went over 40 and they took $100,000 investment away.:arghh: I have just researched and found that my SOL is on the State Sponsor List so hopefully I canget in on a 176 visa.:smile:

Your sister did well to get away from the Southbrook, it's gone massivey downhill since I was a kid-too many drugs and not enough respect around.:sad:

Andy

Guest carolans
Dave,

we're heading to Gold Coast hopefully, lost out on points when I went over 40 and they took $100,000 investment away.:arghh: I have just researched and found that my SOL is on the State Sponsor List so hopefully I canget in on a 176 visa.:smile:

Your sister did well to get away from the Southbrook, it's gone massivey downhill since I was a kid-too many drugs and not enough respect around.:sad:

Andy

Hi Andy,

Can you not get extra points through IELTS test - you could claim the extra 5 you may need (previously 20 for English langauage with British passport, but now 25 if you score as proficient on IELTS) - we'd have done that had we not got STNI with Victoria (on the old 137).

Zoë

Guest MariAndyok

Zoe,

I haven't lived in Dav for 22 years. I only miss the people. I think if I lived there as a kid now I would miss the outdoor swimming pool, the cinema and the youth club, especially rollerskating on a friday night. Has the outdoor pitch and put gone yet. Luckily there are still lots of benches for the kids to drink on and an over priced leisure centre. Kids need affordable activities to keep them out of trouble. We used to spend the whole of the summer in the outdoor pool. From what I have seen it has been over developed and the resources have been cut.

Your other half is right, York is a a better place to live and has some great schools, shame about the weather. what school do you teach at?

I haven't been to Oz and am not expecting it to be all roses but am hoping it will be better than York and a lot better than Dav.

Andy:jiggy:

Guest MariAndyok

Hello Zoe,

Yes I am counting on the 25 points, my english isn't too bad and have seen the test. I think the 176 sponsor will be the way. I am at present applying for TRA review, my skill is only 60 point SOL and I have found a posible 60 point MODL which will give me extra 15 points.

Thanks for your help though.:spinny:

Guest THE JONEZYS
Still none here either Jo....whats going on??!! lol

Deb xx

Might not have any snow here Deb.......BUT.......we have an over night temp of only 1 degree forecast for thursday night.....rising back up to 70 in the day!!!

Melbourne weather, dont ya just luv it??

Lesley

Guest scots-in-oz!

Been snowing here (Aberdeen) off and on for the past 24 hours, big huge snow flakes, but very little actually lying on the ground! Cant ever remember having a White Easter before! Like to look at it, but I certainly wont miss it when we get to Oz!

Mags:wubclub:

x

Guest Tracey from Braintree

Hi,

A couple of inches of snow in Braintree, Essex. Just been on an eater egg hunt with my 2 year old. She got soaking wet, covered in mud from falling and has eaten her own weight in chocolate!!!!!!

Happy Easter.

Guest Les & Woz
With all this warm weather here and after reading Skynews.co.uk got me thinking....

Who has Snow this Easter??!!!!

Deb xx

Hi Deb

We have snow in Kent and it's blimming cold !

Les :nah:

Guest Les & Woz
Yayyyy I just watched the snow live on msn!!! Falling heavy in Faversham kent:)

Still none on the SC tho :(

Jo x

Jo

and I thought I liked you !!!! We have snow too in Walderslade, Kent and it is blimming cold so there!

Les:arghh:

Guest Sheerluck

Yes, 8.04am and sitting wearing a pair of shorts with a cup of tea on the patio.

Still no snow!

Dave

Guest Sheerluck

JO,

I think you're blowing your clouds my way! It was beautiful when I got up, but now the sun has vanished.

Still no snow though and 23 degrees.

Dave

Guest dave&donna

We've woken up for the past 2 days to a few cms of snow but turning quickly to slush when the sun comes out to a HIGH 3 degrees !!!!

We went for a bike ride today but the boys went through every puddle (as boys know how to) and what started out as a lovely ride turned into freezing cold children who had to strip off in the back of the car before they got icicles on their dangly bits (trousers)! and chillblains on their toes...... the joy of the great outdoors here - don't think we'll miss that.

Donna x

Guest YellowGecko

I MISS THE SNOW!!!

I know, I know! You've all had a long, drawn out, miserably cold and wet winter and are sweet talking your daffs to spring up and praying for warmer sunshine.. and here I am, in sunny Queensland, not a cloud in the sky.. with the warm sun rays beating down..

But I actually MISS the English weather! Had my family and friends tell me about how fab the snow is, over Easter, and am slightly envious of them and wishing I could be there too!

OH's never experienced snow before and cannot wait til next winter in England, so that he can see it for himself.

:jiggy:

Jo. Mrs YG. x

Guest 7gotooz

Hi - We had a covering in W London yesterday morning - I took the kids & the dog for a very cold walk in it - up to my miniture dalmations knees on the fields & she was worringly well camoflaged in it - we would have lost her if it had been deeper. OH spent the day up a scaffold tower painting the front of the house - rather him than me!!!

Not to worry today is a couple of degrees with snow showers & next Monday is 17 degrees & sunny - wierd weather!

Take care

Rachel

Guest dave&jancook

Hi

We live in Manchester England!!!!

Yep we have snow yesterdat and today!!!!!

Its great for Kidz!!!

But would much rather be warm in OZ!!!!!

Guest afiyafifi

Been at the mother in laws all weekend and they live in the hills in the middle of wales and there normally snowed in ..... Not this year up to now any way ..... It snowed a little yesterday but didnt stick , The sledges are still sitting here waiting to be used .... I would love my little girl to see snow again as she wont get to see it in oz .......... karen

Guest 7gotooz
hi jo snowing like a gud un here in stockton:arghh:

Hi Im originally from Hartburn - now in W London

Rachel

Archived