Dependant rights post getting cpv 143

Hi all i have a query... Actually i am a dependant and my mother is the main applicant for cpv143.. I am 24 years and still dependant on my parents.... I have plans of working as soon as i reach australia.. I like a girl and wanna marry her though she is not a aussie she is from my nation only...i would want to marry her as soon as possible... I want to know can i marry her as soon as i get my visa..or do i have to wait for sometime to get married and to sponsor her.???

Awaiting replies who have any knowledge that once we get visa after how long can we sponsor someone...!!!!

Have you got a migration agent? I would be surprised if you were still counted as a dependant at your age.

If you do manage it then once you have pr you can apply for either a prospective marriage visa for her, or get married and then apply for the partner visa.

So you mean that there is no time frame for which i have to wait first.... Just after getting the visa i can get married ans can apply for the other visa..???

and i am currently financially dependant on my parents so i am counted as a dependant in the visa...

So you mean that there is no time frame for which i have to wait first.... Just after getting the visa i can get married ans can apply for the other visa..???

and i am currently financially dependant on my parents so i am counted as a dependant in the visa...

Are you studying full time? It's not quite as easy as 'I'm currently financially dependant on my parents' which is why I asked if you have an agent. You might need to good one to help you explain why you are dependant at your age.

But no, there is no waiting time.

No actually i was studying a diploma course in sydney... Before mother applied for rhe cpv 143 because all my other siblings are settled in sydney only...aftee the completion of the course i came back to india where i cone from... Now i have been waiting for the same for the visa to be given so that i can go back to sydney and find a job for me for which i even studied there

FYI: 37 Assessing dependency

In assessing a person’s claim to be dependent on another person, officers should take into account the policy factors described in this instruction. The factors listed are, however, not to be regarded as definitive of the issue. In all cases, officers must consider the claims put forward on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the actual wording of the relevant regulation.A person cannot be excluded from being considered as dependent according to regulation 1.05A simply because they are dependent “by choice”. The only question that needs to be addressed is whether or not a person is dependent (according to regulation 1.05A), rather than why they are dependent.

• 1 year later...

Hey rej.

i am in same situation where you was.please let me know what happend next ? Do i have to wait to get married and sponser to her?

And when you applied for cpv 143? You got your visa yet? our lodgement date is 15 april 2014 ( before 20 month) no co assigned yet.

thanks

Hey rej.

i am in same situation where you was.please let me know what happend next ? Do i have to wait to get married and sponser to her?

And when you applied for cpv 143? You got your visa yet? our lodgement date is 15 april 2014 ( before 20 month) no co assigned yet.

thanks

There may be limitations on sponsoring immediately after getting a CPV visa, did you read the DIBP website? http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/309-#

If you try to apply immediately after getting a CPV, DIBP will likely ask why you didn't declare you were in a relationship (which would have made you ineligible for the CPV).

Hey rej.

thanks

You will of course need to prove... : "You must be in a genuine and ongoing relationship. You must live with your partner or, if you do not, any separation must be only temporary.", and that it must be an official marriage certificate and recognised in Australia.

Archived