Ormeau

Katerina

Hi there,

we are moving to GC soon and we are looking for a decent, affordable place to live -safe family friendly with good school for our 2 boys 3&5 (Kindy & Prep)

I like the look of Ormeau and like the location-easy to get to Brisbane and not that far to GC .I had a look at the Norfolk Village school and it looks good with decent NAPLAN results.

With the kids in school Mon-Fri we are happy to live the "quiet" life during the week and hit GC and Brissie at the weekends,

my main concern is ,is it just too quiet?

I would appreciate to hear from anyone who is living there at the moment.

We live 600km north of Brisbane at the moment in a small town and absolutely hate it, so don`t want to go from bad to bad...

We are on PR and our 2 years in regional QLD are up soon so just want to make the right decision

Thanks

Katerina

Depends what you want I suppose, we're around Hope Island and don't know Ormeau specifically (been through it a lot on the train), seems to be a large residential development with the freeway running through the middle. My guess is there wouldn't be much you can walk to if that's important. Its probably 40 mins to The beachside of Gold Coast and similar to Brisbane (non rush hour). There is a pub at Jacobs Well which is OK.

If you're looking for a change to rural QLD you may be better off moving nearer one of the two cities.

Depends what you want I suppose, we're around Hope Island and don't know Ormeau specifically (been through it a lot on the train), seems to be a large residential development with the freeway running through the middle. My guess is there wouldn't be much you can walk to if that's important. Its probably 40 mins to The beachside of Gold Coast and similar to Brisbane (non rush hour). There is a pub at Jacobs Well which is OK.

If you're looking for a change to rural QLD you may be better off moving nearer one of the two cities.

I agree with Ozziepom, we recently moved house and looked at 3 or 4 at Ormeau, they were OK but I didn't get the family feel for it and it is a fair way from anywhere (apart from the M1). I used to live in Coomera Waters which is also quiet, so for me, look a little further south, Hope Island, Helensvale, Oxenford, Paradise Point. Helensvale and Oxenford can access the M1 easier that the others and not far from the theme parks, etc.

I agree with Ozziepom, we recently moved house and looked at 3 or 4 at Ormeau, they were OK but I didn't get the family feel for it and it is a fair way from anywhere (apart from the M1). I used to live in Coomera Waters which is also quiet, so for me, look a little further south, Hope Island, Helensvale, Oxenford, Paradise Point. Helensvale and Oxenford can access the M1 easier that the others and not far from the theme parks, etc.

Amazed you think Ormeau is quite it is one of the fastest growing areas in the northern gold coast. Some top schools as well mind you good size wait lists for the private schools. Did you look at Pimpama ? Next up from Ormeau ? Will PM you re schools.

A late night thought, have you looked at Pacific Pines ? Other side of the M1 to Helensvale might be more what you are looking for, or you could go further south to Varsity Lakes, there is a great state school there Varsity Lakes College prep to Gr 12 round the corner from Bond Uni.

Hi there,

we are moving to GC soon and we are looking for a decent, affordable place to live -safe family friendly with good school for our 2 boys 3&5 (Kindy & Prep)

I like the look of Ormeau and like the location-easy to get to Brisbane and not that far to GC .I had a look at the Norfolk Village school and it looks good with decent NAPLAN results.

With the kids in school Mon-Fri we are happy to live the "quiet" life during the week and hit GC and Brissie at the weekends,

my main concern is ,is it just too quiet?

I would appreciate to hear from anyone who is living there at the moment.

We live 600km north of Brisbane at the moment in a small town and absolutely hate it, so don`t want to go from bad to bad...

We are on PR and our 2 years in regional QLD are up soon so just want to make the right decision

Thanks

Katerina

Would you not need to say what you consider too quiet to be ? It would absolutely be too quiet for me as it is a car based housing estate on a motorway a long way from a city centre but for others is perfect so these things absolutely come down to what type of specific things you expect from your urban environment.

Would you not need to say what you consider too quiet to be ? It would absolutely be too quiet for me as it is a car based housing estate on a motorway a long way from a city centre but for others is perfect so these things absolutely come down to what type of specific things you expect from your urban environment.

Is this a bit of the quest for the "english type village" creeping in here maybe ? Being able to walk to the local shops, pub, communicy hall, that sort of thing ? Not being negative just asking. You are highly unlikely to find that in Aus, Suburbs are built in clusters, in the main with in access to main roads and then you have to drive to the City or near by close town. Ormeau would only be 5 minuets drive to the new Coomera town center, or 15 minuets if that to Helensvale, 20 to the GC - Surfers or main beach type area, 30 minuets (on a good day to Brisbane).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Taylor72

Hi we've lived in ormeau for the past 2 years with our 18 and 15 year old. We love it here, it's got the nice family feel and more infrastructure is coming to link commuters to the coast more easily. But we feel its very central for a growing family, 30 mins to the beach and the city with well kept parks and very close to the theme parks .It's an ideal base if you have uk family visiting.

i wish you well xx

We live in Coomera water & my husband travels to Brisbane , lovely area, good school, close to theme parks & handy for beaches. I always wanted to live in ormeau but apart from the two streets of show homes the area isn't that great , glad we chose Coomera.

I would try these areas out before you buy as personally I couldn't cope being far from Brisbane and the gold coast. One of my fave golf courses is in the area but I couldn't live there as I need some nightlife. I'd rather be closer into brisbane and an extra 20 mins ago or so from the beach

Archived