Keeping up with vacanations?

Kellie23

Yes, they just give the extras as a catch up. If you bring your children's vaccination details from the UK, the GP/nurse will enter the details on the Medicare immunisation register. I just brought their red books which had all of the details in.

Check this website immunise.health.gov.au and this will show the ages and what they get. I work as a practice nurse and do catch up schedules for those from overseas. Make sure you bring the kids yellow books or whatever colour they are these days. Not all vaccines are funded once they've reached a certain age so sometimes you may need to pay

Every country has a different immunisation schedule depending on what's considered important (or a problem) in that country. There are some differences in the Australian schedule, but your GP or child health clinic will be able to tell you what they are (they will have changed since mine were little) and give whatever's needed.

Every country has a different immunisation schedule depending on what's considered important (or a problem) in that country. There are some differences in the Australian schedule, but your GP or child health clinic will be able to tell you what they are (they will have changed since mine were little) and give whatever's needed.

Caramac that form I posted the link too, would that need to be filled in? We also have a little girl who will need her jabs and we are due to fly out this year. Thanks!

Caramac that form I posted the link too, would that need to be filled in? We also have a little girl who will need her jabs and we are due to fly out this year. Thanks!

It's long time since mine were little, but I didn't fill anything in. I just took their red books along to the clinic and everything was updated there. The schedule wasn't much different, so it was just catch up for our youngest who was 13 months old. We were then sent a 'certificate' for the imms (including the ones they'd had in the UK). All very straightforward.

Archived