TRA Evidence

staffordshiregirl

Hi

We have finally decided to go for the visa 189 application and to plough ahead with it now in the hope that were well on our way before any potential changes may be made in July as husbands trade is on the flagged list ? (Thank you for everyone who has helped us so far) we know my husband needs to do a AQF Cert 3 Solid Plasterer first so we're starting this, this week and are ok now on the evidence required there however we would like to know what exact evidence is required for the TRA assessment as we really want to try and get this sent over by the end of February beginning of March because of the estimated 8-12 week potential wait for an outcome. I really don't want to get this wrong so I need all the evidence to be spot on. So any ideas of what is needed and how much of each evidence required? Ie my husband is claiming 9 years employment so does he need wage slips for the whole of this period?? Because firstly he was paid weekly therefore 52 wage slips x 9 is a whole LOT of play slips haha! Or is the yearly tax return suitable?? We would have to look in our loft but I don't know whether we have anything further back than 6 years which is the legal requirements (he's self employed but was a subcontractor for this company for the whole period above) so what would we do in this instance?

Thank you

For TRA i provided tax returns and a letter from my accountant confirming how long i'd been s/employed,"if" you're talking about evidence as in references etc,my agent used to emphasise that it wasn't a reference type letter i needed from previous employers(subbies),like "Pablo turns up on time,doesn't have a day off" etc etc

It was a "statement" he said i needed,giving details of materials used,bricks and blocks used,bond used,type of pointing used etc ,i just gave loads of detail about the different types of bricklaying i'd done,domestic,civils,commercial,i was also told to list tools used on every statement,and make sure the person signing the statement stated their position in the company

My agent might have been a bit ott about the statement's,i dont know,but it worked anyway

Some people have hassle getting subbies to sort the statements,so its an idea to ask for letter headed paper from the subbies,complete the statement yourself and get them to sign and confirm

we are starting the research into moving to Australia. We are interested in Melbourne due to the location not too far from Sidney etc. I have looked on sites for job opportunities I work as a social worker here in England and husband is self-employed joiner - job opportunities?? Also, looking at the cost of rentals in Melbourne they seem pretty much comparable to UK. My expectations are not unrealistic but would like to have some garden and pool - can anyone advise cost wise?.

We are thinking of taking 3 weeks in April to visit Sydney and travel to Melbourne sight seeing and sussing out. Any advise would be very appreciated.

we are starting the research into moving to Australia. We are interested in Melbourne due to the location not too far from Sidney etc. I have looked on sites for job opportunities I work as a social worker here in England and husband is self-employed joiner - job opportunities?? Also, looking at the cost of rentals in Melbourne they seem pretty much comparable to UK. My expectations are not unrealistic but would like to have some garden and pool - can anyone advise cost wise?.

We are thinking of taking 3 weeks in April to visit Sydney and travel to Melbourne sight seeing and sussing out. Any advise would be very appreciated.

Hopefully one of the moderators will move your post to its own thread,that way you might get more help,quite a few social worker's on here who will give you advice i reckon

For TRA i provided tax returns and a letter from my accountant confirming how long i'd been s/employed,"if" you're talking about evidence as in references etc,my agent used to emphasise that it wasn't a reference type letter i needed from previous employers(subbies),like "Pablo turns up on time,doesn't have a day off" etc etc

It was a "statement" he said i needed,giving details of materials used,bricks and blocks used,bond used,type of pointing used etc ,i just gave loads of detail about the different types of bricklaying i'd done,domestic,civils,commercial,i was also told to list tools used on every statement,and make sure the person signing the statement stated their position in the company

My agent might have been a bit ott about the statement's,i dont know,but it worked anyway

Some people have hassle getting subbies to sort the statements,so its an idea to ask for letter headed paper from the subbies,complete the statement yourself and get them to sign and confirm

Hi

Many thanks for your information. And yes statement I assumed it was just a hello yes this person came here did a wonderful job etc. Haha!! so this statement that is including all the above materials used tools used etc is it from my husband or from the customer/employer? Because getting a customer/employer to go into that much detail is a big ask well for a customer anyway employer not too bad. And historically do these need to go back because he doesn't have this would current jobs he's doing now suffice and how many jobs will he need to show? so in theory he for example would provide details of a job he's done with the following:

Photos/videos

Customer/employer reference

A statement from husband about the job ie what he did tools and material he used

Would that then conclude enough evidence for one job? So maybe do 3 jobs? Then wage slips, tax return statements, NI statements

My husband can get references from the Directors at 2 maybe 3 big building companies in the UK... here they would be recognised straight away wondering if they will have any relevance for TRA and whether it would make a good Impression I heard that the information you give them has to be decision ready so the more the better.

What agent did u use? We still need to get a agent.

Sorry for rambling ?

Hi

Many thanks for your information. And yes statement I assumed it was just a hello yes this person came here did a wonderful job etc. Haha!! so this statement that is including all the above materials used tools used etc is it from my husband or from the customer/employer? Because getting a customer/employer to go into that much detail is a big ask well for a customer anyway employer not too bad. And historically do these need to go back because he doesn't have this would current jobs he's doing now suffice and how many jobs will he need to show? so in theory he for example would provide details of a job he's done with the following:

Photos/videos

Customer/employer reference

A statement from husband about the job ie what he did tools and material he used

Would that then conclude enough evidence for one job? So maybe do 3 jobs? Then wage slips, tax return statements, NI statements

My husband can get references from the Directors at 2 maybe 3 big building companies in the UK... here they would be recognised straight away wondering if they will have any relevance for TRA and whether it would make a good Impression I heard that the information you give them has to be decision ready so the more the better.

What agent did u use? We still need to get a agent.

Sorry for rambling 

The statement would be from the employer(subbie),or customer if he's done private work,in an ideal world i suppose it would be better if his statements covered a good number of years,but if you cant do that then hopefully recent work statements will do.

I didn't provide a statement for "each job" completed,more a statement detailing what i done over the "period" i was employed by each subbie,the different type of materials used,whether it was on houses,civils(railway engineering works),commercial etc etc

It "is" a big ask to get subbies to do this,it cost me months waiting tbh,thats why ive suggested you get the company's letter heads,fill it in yourself in the statement format,then get them to sign it and state their company position.

I think i provided about 5 employer(subbie)statements,going back about 10 years or so

If you can get statements from 2 or 3 directors then i would do it,they would be relevant i'm sure

I only provided "one" statement "myself",that covered from my apprenticeship to present day,again,with the details you want the employer to state,type of work done,materials used,sort of a summary of what i'd done over the years.

Dont think i sent NI contributions,just tax returns and the letter from my accountant

Dont forget,i done exactly what the agent told me to do to get the visa,so for all i know,the agent could have been ott with what he wanted me to provide TRA,for all i know i could have gained trades recognition with less details? ,i'll never know

I just thought "i'm paying him for advice so i better do as he wants",so i provided lots of detail,others on here might tell you that they got trades recognition by providing much less detail

I used CONCEPT AUSTRALIA in Manchester,Steve and Martin,excellent service,staged payments,think its £1700 now

You're not rambling at all btw,it a big worry trying to make sure you have everything right

The statement would be from the employer(subbie),or customer if he's done private work,in an ideal world i suppose it would be better if his statements covered a good number of years,but if you cant do that then hopefully recent work statements will do.

I didn't provide a statement for "each job" completed,more a statement detailing what i done over the "period" i was employed by each subbie,the different type of materials used,whether it was on houses,civils(railway engineering works),commercial etc etc

It "is" a big ask to get subbies to do this,it cost me months waiting tbh,thats why ive suggested you get the company's letter heads,fill it in yourself in the statement format,then get them to sign it and state their company position.

I think i provided about 5 employer(subbie)statements,going back about 10 years or so

If you can get statements from 2 or 3 directors then i would do it,they would be relevant i'm sure

I only provided "one" statement "myself",that covered from my apprenticeship to present day,again,with the details you want the employer to state,type of work done,materials used,sort of a summary of what i'd done over the years.

Dont think i sent NI contributions,just tax returns and the letter from my accountant

Dont forget,i done exactly what the agent told me to do to get the visa,so for all i know,the agent could have been ott with what he wanted me to provide TRA,for all i know i could have gained trades recognition with less details? ,i'll never know

I just thought "i'm paying him for advice so i better do as he wants",so i provided lots of detail,others on here might tell you that they got trades recognition by providing much less detail

I used CONCEPT AUSTRALIA in Manchester,Steve and Martin,excellent service,staged payments,think its £1700 now

You're not rambling at all btw,it a big worry trying to make sure you have everything right

Gosh yes its a huge worry because if it was wrong and they said no ? not only is it a lot of money down the pan but I have been wanting to move to Australia for 6 years it's taken me this long to get my husband to agree ?

Thanks for all of the above so you say to save time to get husband to fill it out on letterheaded paper and get them to sign...maybe stupid question but are we talking pen and paper or printed? ?

Also husband is slightly different because even though he's self employed and a subcontractor for this company he's worked there 5 days a week every week for 9 years (apart from the annual 4 weeks holiday) so who would he get to do some statements for him the employer or the customer he went too? I mean going back I am sure in his work history they could pull some up but wouldn't have any photo or video evidence of this of course.

I will have a look at concept Australia thanks

Gosh yes its a huge worry because if it was wrong and they said no  not only is it a lot of money down the pan but I have been wanting to move to Australia for 6 years it's taken me this long to get my husband to agree 

Thanks for all of the above so you say to save time to get husband to fill it out on letterheaded paper and get them to sign...maybe stupid question but are we talking pen and paper or printed? 

Also husband is slightly different because even though he's self employed and a subcontractor for this company he's worked there 5 days a week every week for 9 years (apart from the annual 4 weeks holiday) so who would he get to do some statements for him the employer or the customer he went too? I mean going back I am sure in his work history they could pull some up but wouldn't have any photo or video evidence of this of course.

I will have a look at concept Australia thanks

He would get the company to do his statement,or provide the letterhead ,mine were all typed,looks the part more,dont think i sent any photographic evidence tbh

No probs,best of luck Staffs!

Archived