Subclass 115 query

fattony

Hi All,

hoping someone one can help out on a subclass 115 query , I recently obtained PR for my family (UK)after being on a 457 for just over 2 1/2 years .

I'd like to sponsor my only sibling (Brother) as I am his last remaining relative (my mother passed away recently) and it would nice to have him here in Australia with me ..can anyone advise on this visa ?

Also I know it takes a while to obtain the 115 and there is also a definition of settled from DIAC as below ..i.e

"Settled

A person is considered settled if they are an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen who is lawfully resident in Australia for a reasonable period. In normal circumstances, two years is considered to be a reasonable period. For Australian citizens this period may be reduced to at least three months."

Does my 457 time count as "settled" as well as my new PR ,I have been in the same state and job since my arrival in Australia for over 2 1/2 years .

Welcome any and all advice

Thanks

It is currently estimated that lodged Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications, that have not yet been assessed, are likely to take up to 16 years to be released for final processing (calculated from 1 July 2013).https://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/other-family-visa-queue.htm

• 2 months later...