What's all this about.

garyupnorth

Northern Territory cattle producers say Indonesia's decision to buy farmland in northern Australia could come as a lifeline to the industry recovering from live export suspension.

Indonesia's government has approved a plan to buy 1 million hectares of cattle farmland in the north to secure cheaper imports. 1 million hectares is equal to a small country or 1/4 the size of Switzerland.

Just found this in the web.......does any one know what's going on in NT.

Northern Territory cattle producers say Indonesia's decision to buy farmland in northern Australia could come as a lifeline to the industry recovering from live export suspension.

Indonesia's government has approved a plan to buy 1 million hectares of cattle farmland in the north to secure cheaper imports.

Just found this in the web.......does any one know what's going on in NT.

Why do you care?

I don't agree with it actually.If its only aim is to provide cheaper imports to where ever,then I'm opposed to it.I'm no greenie as such but I've seen footage of cattle of the road trains,then shunted onto ships for days,and really unless they are going to improve that aspect,then no,waste of time imho!Our meat is too cheap.We all take it for granted but I feel meat should became more a luxury than an everyday type item.More money for meat=better conditions for the animal perhaps?Not sure either how I feel about Australia selling off that much land or any amount of land for that matter to Indonesia.

Archived