ACT occupation verification and SS processing time

deepu

Verification for a limited occupation - it took 2 days until I received their approval; State Sponsorship (190 visa) - a little bit over 6 weeks until approved. Skillselect invitation - automatically received upon SS ACT approval. I hope this will help.

Cheers.

Edited by LuciBV

Hi LuciBV

Many thanks for the explanation.

Can I say that, the invite would come after the approval? which means, if my agent says that they have sent an email to ACT. They have submitted my docs for approval?

I am rather confused over this invite and approval process. Which comes first?

Cheers

Well, let's take it step by step then: in order to apply for SS in case of a limited occupation, you will need a verification email approval from them. After you get the approval, you will have to apply for SS. You will receive an answer within 6 weeks, maximum, as they state on their website, under normal circumstances. If your application will be approved, you will receive an email with your approval letter. They will forward to the DIBP the result of their outcome in the same time, which will trigger automatically the invitation to you. This scenario will happen ONLY if you completed your EOI on the DIBP website; if you didn't create yet an EOI, i really don't know how it will be done (first scenario is my personal experience).

It could be longer... I applied at the beginning of September, when the new ACT Occupational List was released, it might just happened, but I had a long list of email exchange with ACT immigration dept, regarding the whole procedure, and maybe because I sent the right papers in the right way it counted as well.

• 3 weeks later...
It could be longer... I applied at the beginning of September, when the new ACT Occupational List was released, it might just happened, but I had a long list of email exchange with ACT immigration dept, regarding the whole procedure, and maybe because I sent the right papers in the right way it counted as well.

Hi lucibv

My job verification is still pending as per my agent and on 24th feb, it will be taken off the list.

Been waiting for nearly a month for the verification. Hope I can get it verified within the next 2 days and can submit for SS prior cut off time.

Kinda feeling devastated now..

Cheers..

• 2 months later...

if your application for ACT was lodged on or after 17th Feb 2014, the average processing time of your application will be 5 to 6 months.

I applied on the Feb 22 and the ACT sent me and my agent this e-mail to update us with our status on their system.

please make sure you submitted both the EOI & the State Nomination on the website.

Good luck

Can anyone tell me the current processing time for ACT nomination,please.

I applied on 20th February 2014. Almost 3 months.

Thnks.

if your application for ACT was lodged on or after 17th Feb 2014, the average processing time of your application will be 5 to 6 months.

I applied on the Feb 22 and the ACT sent me and my agent this e-mail to update us with our status on their system.

please make sure you submitted both the EOI & the State Nomination on the website.

Good luck

I was informed by Email today that my Application for ACT nomination is refused as the job search I have submitted is not the same occupation and I have not submitted a employment statement for each vacancy.

”You did not provide an employment statement for each of the advertised positions you provided and all the employment opportunities researched were for Recruitment Consultant, which is a different occupation under ANZSCO. While you may have the skills to perform the role of a recruitment consultant, you have not demonstrated that there are sufficient employment opportunities in your nominated occupation Human Resource Adviser.”

My occupation HR Adviser and the "Recruitment Consultant" are both in the same Unit Group and same level iIn ANZSCO . WHen I applied, Rec. Con. was not offered in the List. AS the job tasks were similar I felt it is closely related and I would also be eligible for applying for any such in ACT job market. Any way now that my application is refused for this technical glitch, Can any one tell me what I should do. Is there any way of making a review or appeal ?

I was informed by Email today that my Application for ACT nomination is refused as the job search I have submitted is not the same occupation and I have not submitted a employment statement for each vacancy.

”You did not provide an employment statement for each of the advertised positions you provided and all the employment opportunities researched were for Recruitment Consultant, which is a different occupation under ANZSCO. While you may have the skills to perform the role of a recruitment consultant, you have not demonstrated that there are sufficient employment opportunities in your nominated occupation Human Resource Adviser.”

My occupation HR Adviser and the "Recruitment Consultant" are both in the same Unit Group and same level iIn ANZSCO . WHen I applied, Rec. Con. was not offered in the List. AS the job tasks were similar I felt it is closely related and I would also be eligible for applying for any such in ACT job market. Any way now that my application is refused for this technical glitch, Can any one tell me what I should do. Is there any way of making a review or appeal ?

You may reapply at any time, but do your homework properly this time. Follow strictly their requirements, do not "think" by yourself. They have a line, you have to walk on it, if you step one step out of the line, you're out. Good luck!

You may reapply at any time, but do your homework properly this time. Follow strictly their requirements, do not "think" by yourself. They have a line, you have to walk on it, if you step one step out of the line, you're out. Good luck!

I can't re apply now. HR advisor was closed wef 24th February 2014.

Is there any authority for a revision of the decision so that I could send them info on the job search again.

Hi SUMU,

I have a positive assessment as an HR Advisor too, and when i conducted the research for this position exactely , i could not find any. However, i chose a very related jobs such as Recruiter or Consultant, but i explained in details how my current job description meets the job description of each positin i chose. I did not recieve any feedback from them untill now however i applied on the Feb 22. I am not sure if they care only about the title of the position OR about how you relate / have skills/ to apply for this position in case you are in the Australian market. When did you apply for the HR Advisor.

I am not sure if you can make a petetion or not. If you can ask for that and i can help you write a statement for each position to demonstrate your skills, qualifications and other educational certificates and work experince that you may add to those advertised position. It is simply answering a question, Why do you fir for this position .

Good luck

Hi Rajwant,

Do you mean that they started to applications till 20th Feb only . I submitted mine on the 22nd .!!

Yes best of luck all.

All the best Soha. :smile:. They have processed applications till 20th Feb. Lets see how long they take on our case.Lets hope for the best.