Beauty Therapist/Manager

Britonk

Hi there

your job description is the same as myself! I currently have permanent residency. I would recommend if your under 31 go on a years working visa if not then apply on your skills. I have never struggled with finding work over the years and the pay is much better in oz. the one thing I would recommend is that you get trained in hot waxing as it is very big out there.

Hi, my wife is 31 so we cant go down that route. We have been informed that we will need a sponsor for her. Can you recommend any salons that might offer sponsors. she is booked for a hot wax course in march so its good to know its needed out there. Thanks for the reply.

This occupation is not currently featured on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) or the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL), so it is not possible to apply for an Australian visa under the General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program or an employer sponsored visa under this occupation.

These lists will be revised on 1 July, so you should check them again after 1 July, just in case.

I should also say: Hair or Beauty Salon Manager is listed. So the first thing to do is to find out if you can obtain a skilled assessment under this occupation, and then to see if the occupation is being sponsored by a State.

If you google the number next to the occupation, it will give you what is needed to pass the skills assessment

It gives you the minimum needed to obtain a 457 visa. Often the skills assessment requires more, which is why many people can't pass the skills assessment but can get a 457 visa.

Archived