Chef job help

jwe94

Guest The Pom Queen

They don't supply them. Well the place my son works don't. So I'd bring your own. Well the jackets I would and knives (if they are allowed in your case)

Thank you for the reply I was thinking bout taking my chef clothes just wanted to check. Not going to take the knives it would be too much hassle through customs. And doing backpacking after few months of chef work so wouldn't want to carry the knives around.

Guest The Pom Queen
Thank you for the reply I was thinking bout taking my chef clothes just wanted to check. Not going to take the knives it would be too much hassle through customs. And doing backpacking after few months of chef work so wouldn't want to carry the knives around.

I don't know about other areas but I know most of the chefs up here have to get their own knives. We didn't spend a fortune on my sons as we weren't sure if it was a career for life or just a whim.

If you have a favourite jacket bring those, if you buy those expensive jackets bring them.

You can take your knives through your checked luggage. If they do decide to search your bags please warn the staff member doing the search and offer to take them out for them so they do not cut themselves. Chefs knives are fine through customs, swords and decorative knives are what cause problems.

Ah ok thank you for that ill probz just leave them here and if I have to I'll just buy some out in OZ. Any idea if there is loads of chef jobs? In Melbourne? I staying with my Aunty for first few weeks she said there's quite a few chef jobs.

Ye I can defiantly give 3months commitment I think ill copy a few of my cv and just go around a few restaurants/hotels in Melbourne. Then if I can't find a job then I'll move on somewhere els thanks for all the advice everyone.

I think you'll be fine then. 'Indeed' job site also has a hospitality search so look there too, lots of the chains advertise there. If you can get into a chain hotel it may be good as they may employ you in another site if you decide to travel ;)

Guest The Pom Queen
Ah ok thank you for that ill probz just leave them here and if I have to I'll just buy some out in OZ. Any idea if there is loads of chef jobs? In Melbourne? I staying with my Aunty for first few weeks she said there's quite a few chef jobs.

Yes plenty, also lots in Cairns and most with sponsorship.

Archived