Can you re-apply for visa if application was cancelled?

LJL

Hi All,

Hopefully just a quick couple of questions: It may sound silly but if a visa was cancelled as there was not enough evidence given for them to continue, can you reapply for a visa again?

My partner received news a few weeks ago that the department of immigration could not continue with her application as she did not send off the required docs. I have PR and we applied for her to be put on to my visa (me sponsoring) onshore 3 years ago but as we came back to UK and circumstances changed (baby) we did not feel we would head back and so didn't bother pursuing it.

I have to renew my PR visa by March this year and thought that it would be good to keep our options open.

Any suggestions?

Next question: To get another 5 year PR visa (175), are there any requirements other than to pay the $300 fee? I.e. do I need to enter by a certain time? Do I need to let them know of my new situation?

Thanks.

Hi All,

Hopefully just a quick couple of questions: It may sound silly but if a visa was cancelled as there was not enough evidence given for them to continue, can you reapply for a visa again?

My partner received news a few weeks ago that the department of immigration could not continue with her application as she did not send off the required docs. I have PR and we applied for her to be put on to my visa (me sponsoring) onshore 3 years ago but as we came back to UK and circumstances changed (baby) we did not feel we would head back and so didn't bother pursuing it.

I have to renew my PR visa by March this year and thought that it would be good to keep our options open.

Any suggestions?

Next question: To get another 5 year PR visa (175), are there any requirements other than to pay the $300 fee? I.e. do I need to enter by a certain time? Do I need to let them know of my new situation?

Thanks.

Applications are not cancelled, they are withdrawn.

From what you have posted, it seems that there was no visa cancellation, but possibly a visa refusal.

It looks as if you have a considerable mess on your hands.

You would probably be well advised to consult a registered migration agent for some advice about strategy.

Many thanks for your advice. My partner was on a bridging visa awaiting approval for a partner visa. Apologies for using the term cancelled, I meant refusal. I think i will do some considerable research. We would like to keep our options open just in case.

I remember how long it took for me to obtain my visa originally and didn't want to go through it again if I could help it.

Thanks again

I really would talk to an agent and get further advice before you do anything. Not sending required docs? Do you know what she was missing exactly? Also, when did you actually apply and then were refused? It seems recent yet you talk about 3 years ago also.

I'd honestly consult a reputable agent on this for you all.

Many thanks for your advice. My partner was on a bridging visa awaiting approval for a partner visa. Apologies for using the term cancelled, I meant refusal. I think i will do some considerable research. We would like to keep our options open just in case.

I remember how long it took for me to obtain my visa originally and didn't want to go through it again if I could help it.

Thanks again

You have a very limited time to seek a review of the decision.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent without delay?

We applied around 3 years ago in Australia, you get given a bridging visa whilst you collate all the evidence and docs they need before granting a partner visa. This could take over 2 years hence why the 3 year time scale. I believe the missing doc's were an Australian police check and our written testimonies to how and where we met etc. Because we thought we would not go back it was put on the back burner and forgotten about until now.

It was only a question to see if anyone has any similar experiences or knowledge. It may be a little messy but after going through a couple of visa processes already I'm sure I will get the write answers from researching the immi website and this forum.

Thanks for all the advice, it has been much appreciated.

Hmm, usually you submit all your evidence when you apply both on shore or offshore. There is a check list of what should be included when you apply, your statements are on that now (if they were not then).

Police checks and medicals are about the only things you supply at a later date when requested by CO. Everything else is wanted when you apply. Be organised :) Current wait times for off shore run at 8-9 months, maybe a bit less, cost less also. On shore is 12 months or so and costs more.

Hmm, usually you submit all your evidence when you apply both on shore or offshore. There is a check list of what should be included when you apply, your statements are on that now (if they were not then).

Police checks and medicals are about the only things you supply at a later date when requested by CO. Everything else is wanted when you apply. Be organised :) Current wait times for off shore run at 8-9 months, maybe a bit less, cost less also. On shore is 12 months or so and costs more.

Hmmm???

I'm sorry snifter but I find that a little rude. Medicals for on shore were requested and supplied within a few months of applying, uk police checks the same. As we moved back and let them know of our move they then requested these items. We filled out various forms of evidence on submittion. The doc's I was talking about was a sworn testimony each filled out separately and signed by a JP and the aus police checks.

Hmmm???

I'm sorry snifter but I find that a little rude. Medicals for on shore were requested and supplied within a few months of applying, uk police checks the same. As we moved back and let them know of our move they then requested these items. We filled out various forms of evidence on submittion. The doc's I was talking about was a sworn testimony each filled out separately and signed by a JP and the aus police checks.

I was simply wondering out loud to myself (in type). I don't see that as rude. Interpret it how you will, I meant nothing rude in it. Your process sounds rather different to the current one, I was puzzled at the chain of events as they didn't seem to quite make sense to me.

Fair enough you didn't supply what was needed. I was letting you know that if you apply again, they expect the parter supporting statements, stat decs and everything else apart from medical and police check to be included when applying. The partner migration booklet is in PDF form on the immi website. Perhaps consult an agent on this one if no one is coming forward having been in a similar situation.

I was simply wondering out loud to myself (in type). I don't see that as rude. Interpret it how you will, I meant nothing rude in it. Your process sounds rather different to the current one, I was puzzled at the chain of events as they didn't seem to quite make sense to me.

Fair enough you didn't supply what was needed. I was letting you know that if you apply again, they expect the parter supporting statements, stat decs and everything else apart from medical and police check to be included when applying. The partner migration booklet is in PDF form on the immi website. Perhaps consult an agent on this one if no one is coming forward having been in a similar situation.

Ok, thanks Snifter.

You really need to put this to a registered migration agent - the chain of events make no sense ttime either . Snifter has gone through the partner visa process therefore does know what she's talking about.

The 3 year time scale is very long - was the 2 year temp partner visa ever granted? Was it the documents requested after 2 years for the Pernament partner visa?

You really need to put this to a registered migration agent - the chain of events make no sense ttime either . Snifter has gone through the partner visa process therefore does know what she's talking about.

The 3 year time scale is very long - was the 2 year temp partner visa ever granted? Was it the documents requested after 2 years for the Pernament partner visa?

Bridging visa (as onshore to give time to submit required docs), then temp partner visa (moved back within the 2 years) and then refusal of perm partner visa due to not submitting required docs.

I appreciate what you are saying and understand that some people wish to go through an agent but I have gone through a couple of visas myself with help from forums and the immi website. I'm not in a desperate position seeking immediate answers, I was just testing the water to see if anyone had been through something similar.

Thank you all very much for your comments. You never know, I may take your advice and speak with an agent in the future.

Hello LJL,

The suggestions to run it past an agent are prudent because you may be in a position to save the hassle of having to make a new application. As WRussell quite rightly says above there is a limited window of opportunity to address this.

All the best,

Archived