Please help me!!

Guest misschief

Guest misschief

I think my little head will go pop!!:wacko:

I have 3 kids -

Rachel age 12 (13 in OCt) (UK year 7 Senior school since sept 07)

Beccca age 11 (12 in Oct) (UK year 6 last year juniors since Sept 07)

David age 7 (8 in Sept) (UK year 3 junior since Sept 07)

We are looking to move to QLD in August. Obviously the middle one "should " start senior school in Sept......please could anyone tell me what year groups they will enter in August in Oz and what schools (junior /middle/ high) that will be? I heard that my already senior school one will have to drop back to junior school but i cant find any info.:wacko:

Dont know for definate but as i understand in NSW, (my son is same as middle one in year 6) when we hoped to go in August he could either join year 6 in primary with a view to starting year 7 in the Jan(as opposed to sept here) However some people have decided that they would keep them off to have a summer holiday and start them new in the Jan in year 7.

Your oldest will be still in a high school, only whereas here started in Sept 07 Oz would of started in Jan 08 so she will have worked an extra term in UK than those.She will join them and work right up untill they finish for summer hols near xmas.

As i metioned going on term time for NSW. You can check out term times i assume going on education for Queensland.

Hope this helps, sorry if doesnt

sharon

Guest misschief

Thanks Sharon :smile:

thats a big help! I finally think i have my head round it LOL. I am soooo easily confused:goofy:!!

OK rule number one, just forget whatever year level they are in in UK - move to Aus and take the year level that all their age peers are in. It really doesnt matter what year level they left behind, it's a new system and if they can treat it as such they wont get too hung up about it.

Queensland is different in that senior school starts in year 8 so, yes, chances are that R will have some time in a primary school when she gets here - but she will be with kids of the right age so it is no big deal.

The best site is here Education in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down for relative age levels.

Guest misschief

Thanks Quoll - much appreciated :smile:

I wasn't after comparing year groups etc as youy rightly said - they should be forgotten, but i did want to prepare the kids for staying in the same year (age) group till Jan.

It at least means they will have a good settling in period :smile:. thanks again.

It also means that Rachel will be able to start school with the other two and not head off to high school on her own!! She will have a chance to make friends first which is not a bad thing at all!!

Archived