Help! Handing over credit card details when making an offer on land in Sunshine Coast?

Java Bean

[h=2](I thought I'd post this here as well as in the general forum. Hope that's ok?)[/h]

Hi there, we're a British family about to make our first purchase in Australia and I'd like some help please.

We've found some land we want to put an offer in on.

The real estate agent says he wants our credit card details when we make the offer and
before negotiation start
s. If everything goes ahead he
says
he'll deduct $1,000 from our account and when the sale terms are agreed he will come back and ask for a deposit.

Is this normal practice? and can we refuse to give him call over our credit card like this?

We live on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland

(I thought I'd post this here as well as in the general forum. Hope that's ok?)

The real estate agent says he wants our credit card details when we make the offer and
before negotiation start
s. If everything goes ahead he
says
he'll deduct $1,000 from our account and when the sale terms are agreed he will come back and ask for a deposit.

Is this normal practice? and can we refuse to give him call over our credit card like this?

We live on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland

I wouldn't agree. Say if the offer is accepted, you'll give him $1,000 cash to take the property off the market, but not before. if he wants the sale he'll agree.

Archived