House is on the market!!

charlene

Well, we have taken a huge step and yes - our house in now on market. I came home from work today to find the For Sale board up outside and things are really starting to hit home that we are actually making steps to leaving this country. I also was very brave and phoned my mum and dad and told them the news. I have been such a coward when it comes to talking to my parents - they were not overly supportive - in fact I had no support at all just guilt trip comments but - such is life. We have made an important step and do you know something - it feels good - like a weight has been lifted.

Really needed to share this news and vent my feelings!

Charlene:jiggy:

-x-

Guest rosie100

Hi Charlene, good luck with the house and sorry about your parents response but i think that it is probably just shock and they may well come round later on. we are still at the beginning stage so a long way to go yet.

Best Wishes

Rose

Guest rosie100

Hi again Charlene, meant to ask where are you heading for and what sort of work are you going for? We are planning to go to Sydney as we have a daughter there. I am a sonographer and oh is an engineer. Have you got your visa yet?

Best Wishes

Rose

Thanks for words of encouragement - I just wish my parents were saying these kind of things to me. Maybe they will come around to idea but I'm not so sure.

Rose, in answer to you - me and OH and DS are going out on a student visa to Gold Coast (Southport). I've been accepted on a Child Care Co-Ordinator course starting November but might make it earlier - say September - just depends on how things go here. Excited, scared - you name it but am looking forward to an adventure and a new life.

Charlene

-x-

Guest scots-in-oz!

Hi Charlene!

Just wanted to wish you luck with the house sale!! Ours has been on for 2 weeks now, and we've have 5 viewrings so far, and of those 5, 2 have come back for a second look! Exciting times for you! Just a bloody nightmare keeping the place clean & tidy with kids going about!!

We're heading for the Gold Coast too, absolutely beautiful there!

Anyhow, keep us posted on how the sale goes!

Mags:wubclub:

x

Hey Mags - thanks for that. I take it you've been to Gold Coast. It looks beautiful - never been but cannot be any worse than UK.

Can relate to you about keeping house tidy - it's only been on market for a couple of days and I'm like a maniac already with the cleaning and the toy sitation with DS.

It sounds like you have had good response to your house. When are you hoping to get to Gold Coast?

Charlene

-x-

Guest scots-in-oz!

We were there on holiday this time last year, and totally fell in love with the area! Not entirely sure where on the GC we'll end up, really depends on where I get a job. We're hoping to get there during the kids summer hols, July/Aug, but depends on house sale and when we actually get our visa!

Well, I'm sure you'll absolutely love it when you get there anyway

Good luck!!

Mags:wubclub:

x

Archived