Who's moving in 2015?

jac2011

Iv been stalking this forum since 2008 and waiting till the time gets close to moving over...

It finally feels like I am on the home straight.

I decided to restudy and train to be a nurse in 2010, starting in 2011 and am finishing my course this August. As soon as my NMC pin arrives I will be applying to ANMAC, followed shortly with AHPRA and the Visa process. Hopefully I will be free to leave in Spring 2015, however the sensible side of us is telling us to wait until August 2015.

I wondered if there were others moving over in 2015 who wanted some moral support whilst the time passes... I feel so close yet so far!

We are planning a move in January 2015. We got our visa in 2012 and validated in April 2013. We had hoped to move in September this year.... but circumstances seem to be conspiring against us so we've set early January as our date.

We are headed to Perth and during our April reccie we narrowed our preferred suburbs down to 4 so it will be a case of wait until we finally arrive, do another drive around and pop into a few schools and then decide where to try for a rental.

We are hoping to go to Adelaide Feb 2015. Currently waiting on Skills Assessment coming back - way overdue!

Seems to be a good time to go given the slight dip in the Australian economy & the slight improvement in ours! Hopefully it lasts until we get our house sold!!

We are hoping to go to Adelaide Feb 2015. Currently waiting on Skills Assessment coming back - way overdue!

Seems to be a good time to go given the slight dip in the Australian economy & the slight improvement in ours! Hopefully it lasts until we get our house sold!!

$2.55 to the £ in 2015. Fingers crossed for you all.

We are! We are off to Sydney/Central Coast in 2 weeks to validate our visas, can't wait! Hoping to emigrate in early 2015. Where are you planning to go?

Congratulations, I would be so excited if I was off in 2 weeks, people wouldn't hear the end of it! We would love QLD however, we like WA too and parts of NSW so are keeping our mind open as we need to go where there is work. QLD isn't too promising right now!

We are planning a move in January 2015. We got our visa in 2012 and validated in April 2013. We had hoped to move in September this year.... but circumstances seem to be conspiring against us so we've set early January as our date.

We are headed to Perth and during our April reccie we narrowed our preferred suburbs down to 4 so it will be a case of wait until we finally arrive, do another drive around and pop into a few schools and then decide where to try for a rental.

Congratulations on having the visa! At least you have given yourself more time to get there. I still have a countdown on my phone till March 2015 for moral however, in order to have enough cash it would be better for us to leave in the summer. After all when you get so far, what's a few more months? Which 4 suburbs have you identified if you don't mind me asking?

I really hope the skills assessment comes back soon. My DH has family in Adelaide and they love it, certainly seems like a nice lifestyle. The exchange rate is certainly promising. I am hoping it gets to the $2 to £1 mark and I will buy the children £200 worth to keep them motivated. I promised them spending money on arrival to buy kayak/surf board type things!!! Fingers crossed for your house, at least spring is on its way along with the influx of buyers :-)

We would be looking to move in 2015 at the earliest. Haven't even begun the visa process but hope to do so later this year :)

ideally moving to Melbourne and we're heading out in October to get a feel for the place as well as visit family!

Hi

We're in the very early process (evidence collecting ready for AQF cert assessment for my husbands trade) but all in all I have worked out roughly middle of 2015 as a guide either being the permanent move or just activating the visa because our dog will be 9 then so too old for the move so will not leave him and can't take him.

We're looking at Perth as have friends over there so we will have a comfort blanket as such haha.

I just so wish I went to sleep and woke up and it's the day we leave to start our new life in Australia (sigh) xx

Hi

We're in the very early process (evidence collecting ready for AQF cert assessment for my husbands trade) but all in all I have worked out roughly middle of 2015 as a guide either being the permanent move or just activating the visa because our dog will be 9 then so too old for the move so will not leave him and can't take him.

We're looking at Perth as have friends over there so we will have a comfort blanket as such haha.

I just so wish I went to sleep and woke up and it's the day we leave to start our new life in Australia (sigh) xx

The time will fly and I would find a new home for doggie- don't let him stop you. I know it sounds harsh but you have plenty of time and UK being a doglover's paradise I am sure you would be able to rehome him with a good family!

Hi

Hey,

We are aiming to move early 2015 too and are looking at Perth and Adelaide. We are just waiting for hubby's skills assessment to come back.. Like you we have a pet that cant come (a house bunny, so he is not even allowed :( ). He is 7 this year, so it is so hard. Don't want to leave him, but desperate to go. My parents have offered to have him if it gets to that point, but i would feel like such a lousy owner :(

xx

we are looking jan 2014 in perth area. We was hoping we would have another year in uk (just to save more) but apparently visa has to be activated 12 months from our police check. So rather than spend cost of 4 flights over there and a holiday we have to take the leap and do the big move.

What trade is your husband in? Mine is solid plastering so he needs do do AQF cert then go through TRA assessment. I want to do this asap but husband wants to wait until we come back from pre booked holiday in June also to save some/more money but its taken me 4 months too get him from a 75\25% in for Australia to 100% in so don't want to pressurise him however is the $ looking like its/going to have a good rise then? That would be favourable for visa purposes but also for us because we have a good equity to bring with us so we can get a comfortable mortgage in oz but also he doesn't have to work all the hours under the sun like he does now....which is one of the many reasons we have decided to go for it...you only live once eh :-)

Hey,

We are aiming to move early 2015 too and are looking at Perth and Adelaide. We are just waiting for hubby's skills assessment to come back.. Like you we have a pet that cant come (a house bunny, so he is not even allowed :( ). He is 7 this year, so it is so hard. Don't want to leave him, but desperate to go. My parents have offered to have him if it gets to that point, but i would feel like such a lousy owner :(

xx

my partner to is solid plasterer. what nvq does he have. My partner has nvq level 2 and EVERYONE told us we had to do an aqf and that nvq level 2 wasn't enough. But we contacted TRA and they said we was eligible. So we lodged TRA- came back successful.

Ahh thats great. Husband doesn't have any qualifications but 9 years experience in the trade so he has to go through the AQF with Australian skills assessment .com.au were just in the process of evidence gathering. But its interesting that you mention nvq level 2 because I asked if it was/worth doing prior to application but was told it would be irrelvant for Australia.

So are you at the EOI stage then? Would u mind if you give more info on the solid plastering job description? Because my husband isn't college taught he's getting himself into a bit of a frazzle about what they are looking at skills wise and is if completely different than UK? Also how much evidence do they need and is it shot by shot of each stage? I told him more the better really.

X

my partner to is solid plasterer. what nvq does he have. My partner has nvq level 2 and EVERYONE told us we had to do an aqf and that nvq level 2 wasn't enough. But we contacted TRA and they said we was eligible. So we lodged TRA- came back successful.

we have lodged our application and just waiting to do our medicals.

for evidence we got work references from each employer. (all have to meet requirements, saying what tools they used, how long they worked there for lots of other stuff) I don't no how much evidence you will need as your doing your AQF and not getting skills assessed by TRA. Did he do an apprenticeship or anything?

he has had to of worked in his trade 3 years prior to lodging your application. just thought let you no as we only had 2yrs because we went travelling. and had to wait a whole year to apply.

How many point would you get if you got the AQF?

Hi shazza

Ah so your quite far ahead then so u have CO allocated? Wow wish we were at that stage already seems a lifetime away if we get that far.

My husband has am employer to verify a training (appreentice) type 3 years at the beginning of the 9 years of experience and can get various references from directors at 3 big building company's

He will still need to go through tra but I guess it will be pretty much same evidence plus wage slips etc that he will need for tra. Would u mind PM me more info on the evidence side? We're going it alone at the moment and still at a loss as to what needs to be seen. Everything start to finish, different types of plaster used in doors and out doors and videos?? It's very overwhelming xx

• 7 months later...

Hi this is my first post!! Saw this thread and had to sign up!! Im currently looking to move to Australia aswell! Partner is telecoms engineer. Have emailed engineers Australia to get a skill assessment. Which im hopimg we can get sooner rather then later to complete our EOI. Just wondered if amyone had experience with this. How long it takes? Is there anything I can be doing in mean time? Any advise would be helpful. Also we are looking at perth aswell :) thanks

X

We have to resreaching for a good few weeks!! Every night! But clearly I think I have missed some things! Going through the posts alot of people are talking about TRA ?! Does anyone know what this is? Do we just need a skill assessment to complete EOI or do we need other things ? Eg police checks. Medical? Or are they when apply for visa? Any info would be great x

What trade is your husband in? Mine is solid plastering so he needs do do AQF cert then go through TRA assessment. I want to do this asap but husband wants to wait until we come back from pre booked holiday in June also to save some/more money but its taken me 4 months too get him from a 75\25% in for Australia to 100% in so don't want to pressurise him however is the $ looking like its/going to have a good rise then? That would be favourable for visa purposes but also for us because we have a good equity to bring with us so we can get a comfortable mortgage in oz but also he doesn't have to work all the hours under the sun like he does now....which is one of the many reasons we have decided to go for it...you only live once eh :-)

Look I do not want torain on your parade but construction wise (domestic)work is very hard to come by. Here in sa anyhow is gyproc boards and tape and flush.not many hard plasterers needed internal unless you render outside. Look i am a chippy been here seven years with three kids and I think I am qualified to know what's going on here. Look go for it but do not expect a bed of roses.construction here is totally different to the uk. That's if you can get work.

Archived