Lodging my Visa - Question about Assessed skills

spangley

Hi all,

Having been invited to apply, I'm now completing the Visa application form.

In the employment section it asks me:

"Has the applicant been employed overseas in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level immediately before lodging this application?"

Does this mean, that I have to be currently employed in my nominated skill?

The reason being is that I have 7 years of approved experience in my nominated skill, however my past 3 years have not been in my nominated skill.

I'd be most grateful if anyone could advise.

Kind Regards

James

I thought you had to have recent experience but I guess you've passed a skills test ? Hopefully someone will see this who has the answer

I thought so too. I had to get letters from past employers confirming that I had been employed in the occupation I was submitted the application under.

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz

You may be asked that question but it doesn't necessarily mean you must be currently employed in your nominated role. You have a successful skills assessment with ACS so you should be fine.

You may be asked that question but it doesn't necessarily mean you must be currently employed in your nominated role. You have a successful skills assessment with ACS so you should be fine.

Thank Ryan, I very much appreciate your response.

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz

No worries, absolutely fine. It happens to everyone; whenever they're asked a question on a form they automatically feel it's a requirement. Lol

We're here if you need us.

Archived