56 up

gee13

Anyone catch the recent series on SBS? As a longitudinal study its fascinating that its kept alive after all these decades and some of the original subjects are still alive and kicking talking about their lives in public. I remember watching it first as 28 UP in '85. Also to see the changing trends in the UK throughout the ages from 1964!

Edited by gee13

Anyone catch the recent series on SBS? As a longitudinal study its fascinating that its kept alive after all these decades and some of the original subjects are still alive and kicking talking about their lives in public. I remember watching it first as 28 UP in '85. Also to see the changing trends in the UK throughout the ages from 1964!

The series has been re-run several times and like you say it's fascinating to watch the changes and what has happened to them all during their lifetime so far. I'm amazed and actually quite sad at how some have turned out, when you watch their aspirations as kids and how it pans out for them as adults - makes you realise how fragile life really is.

I've seen it since 7up to the last which was 56up I believe. Great series like you say and defo worth watching.

I watched the whole series over the years from the beginning and in the beginning like all people who have children it was warm and fuzzy and then it got down to real life over the years and shows the vulnerability of people of all walks of life. So next time we feel sorry for ourselves we can think we are not alone, its life and we have to make the best of it, whatever happens.