Kids Feet and School Shoes

Debz101

Not sure if it's viable for you, but we ordered a Clarks foot measurer from the Clarks (Australia) website. We then measure here and go to the UK website to convert. I buy shoes in the Clarks (UK) sale (great with the seasons being opposite) and get them sent/brought over here by family. I works out a lot cheaper than a good brand here, especially for school shoes. My school friends who buy locally seem to get through a pair of shoes a term whereas ours last pretty much all year (or until they are grown out of).

I found here that most shops, even ones that stock Clarks, didn't measure width. My son has really wide feet so it made it difficult hence doing the above which has worked out great.

Not sure if it's viable for you, but we ordered a Clarks foot measurer from the Clarks (Australia) website. We then measure here and go to the UK website to convert. I buy shoes in the Clarks (UK) sale (great with the seasons being opposite) and get them sent/brought over here by family. I works out a lot cheaper than a good brand here, especially for school shoes. My school friends who buy locally seem to get through a pair of shoes a term whereas ours last pretty much all year (or until they are grown out of).

I found here that most shops, even ones that stock Clarks, didn't measure width. My son has really wide feet so it made it difficult hence doing the above which has worked out great.

Thank you......Just ordered one of those gauges will be really useful. Hope it arrives quick :biggrin:

we use Betts for measuring , not sure if they are in Brisbane

Just seen an advert for Betts. Will go on the hunt tomorrow

Not sure about Brisbane but Athletes Foot are very good.

I like the school shoes they have in there, was just a bit paranoid about the measuring and fitting, as we visited some shocking (but qualified :err:) fitters in the UK.

Archived