due to finish in the British Army soon and looking to join the ADF within the Engineers

Fitz709

Just about to complete my full service in the Royal Engineers with a vast amount of experiance within the transport environment as well as Logistic accounting, Instructional qualifications and combat engineering. Have recently visited relatives in Brisbane and am making enquiries into how i can make the move to the Australian Army.

Many Thanks in advance

Im in the process of joining the ADF as a lateral recruit! Basically leave the British army and joining the Aussie Army! Best advice would be go on the ADF lateral recruiting web page and also their is a Facebook group (Aussie OLT's) regarding all things lateral transfer! That's deffo worth a look! So many people who have already gone through the process with a wealth of experience!

Good luck

My Dad had completed 22 yrs service with Royal Marines before migrating to Aus. He joined the Army Reserves (after struggling to adjust to working with civilians!), and later transferred to the Regular Aus army. There are loads of poms in the forces over there; my Dad even came across people he served with years ago! It can be done. Like the others said, check out the website. The Reserves don't suffer the same stigma as the TA does in the UK either.

Archived