ACT SS: Commitment to Canberra statement

rashe

Hi,

I'm looking for someone on this forum who can help me with info related to "Commitment to Canberra statement". My nominated occupation is listed as "limited" and need to quickly get all my documents in place for ACT SS.

Can anyone please share your "Commitment to Canberra statement" (if you've applied for ACT SS or going to apply in the near future) or guide me on what points do I need to cover on this statement.

If you search the forum you will get lots of pointers as to sites to visit and areas to focus on. You can't plagiarize someone else's statement - it has to be all about you and your commitment to ACT and what you will bring to the Territory.

Can anyone please share your "Commitment to Canberra statement"

If you're committed, surely you can write your own?

I'm looking for some help. If you can't help please don't comment something which holds no value and waste your and my time.

If you search the forum you will get lots of pointers as to sites to visit and areas to focus on. You can't plagiarize someone else's statement - it has to be all about you and your commitment to ACT and what you will bring to the Territory.

Yes, I'm looking for pointers in a lot of places. I don't intend to plagiarize someone else's statement.

Hi

I wrote in mine why I wanted to live in ACT, what I like about the area and being public sector educated I thought it would be a good place for mine career. I also wrote about my personality and how it would fit in.

hope it helped a little bit

Hi

I wrote in mine why I wanted to live in ACT, what I like about the area and being public sector educated I thought it would be a good place for mine career. I also wrote about my personality and how it would fit in.

hope it helped a little bit

Hello Annette: Yes, I've covered those points on my statement too. Will try "fine tuning" it over the weekend and submit my application in the coming week.

Thanks for your help!!!

I have made the same for NT and have covered the following points:

About the state/city

Weather and how it suits you

Economy, general statistics

Employment prospects for you

People and education

Culture

Sports & activities

Cost of living and accommodation

Transport

Popular holiday spots

Hope these pointers help. Think of it as a writing task for IELTS and you will do just fine!

I have made the same for NT and have covered the following points:

About the state/city

Weather and how it suits you

Economy, general statistics

Employment prospects for you

People and education

Culture

Sports & activities

Cost of living and accommodation

Transport

Popular holiday spots

Hope these pointers help. Think of it as a writing task for IELTS and you will do just fine!

Thanks HR. Yes, I've covered these points. Going to submit my documents for verification tonight as my occupation is "limited".

Don't forget to tell them how you are going to be of benefit to the territory - your commitment to social justice and your desire to put time and energy into volunteering

Thanks Quoll. I didn't think about this at all. Will definitely cover this on my statement.

Archived