how do they grade schools? ofsted equivalent?

manchester lass

thank you sorry for the late reply been working so not had chance to go on. I found this website http://bettereducation.com.au/school/secondary/qld/brisbane_top_secondary_schools.aspx so have been looking at suburbs around this as the kids will be going to state schools i think.

Kenmore good state school – medium flood risk

Kenmore hills medium flood risk

Mansfield (good state school) medium flood risk

Indoorapilly (one of the top state schools) medium flood risk

everywhere I look seems to have medium flood risks. i know this is due to the area but it worries me so need to look at this further. Also want easy access to the beach that isnt so far away. i have read on a website that the closer you are to the coast the lower the risk of flooding but not to love directly on the coast aaaahhhh so need to find a good school that is near the coast and a low flood risk ... this is hard work :-)

The western suburbs are great places to live, but are not on the beach. Very different to suburbs close to the beach. Indooroopilly, chelmer, graceville. Corinda, have top schools, these areas tend to be a lot of Queensland Style homes, lots of coffee shops, big trees. Beach suburbs tend to be more modern type houses, more high rise and estates. If you go western suburbs have a look at this map http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/community/community-safety/disasters-and-emergencies/types-of-disasters/flooding/understanding-your-flood-risk/flood-awareness-map/index.htm Sorry but Queensland floods well in SE Qld simple as that you just need to minimise the risk and buy or rent on the high side. It can flood in the beach suburbs as well.

You may also find this a help http://www.whereis.com You enter the suburb, even a street and suburb you are looking for and press "find" it brings up a detailed map of the area, you can also put in what you are looking for like schools, shops, beach and it will high light those areas on the map. Next you can click "Directions" another box comes up and you can enter another suburb press enter and the map will show you not only the route of both suburbs but how long in distance and time (add a bit for traffic) So you could look at say Indooroopilly and the city and it will tell you how long to get there, or how long between a street you want to live in and a particular school, or your office, or a beach.

Your very welcome :-) Have a look at Jindalee, Mt Ommaney, Fig Tree Pocket, Chaple Hill as well some nice areas over there as well but again make sure you are on the high side of the street. State schools are good in the western suburbs, Graceville Primary has a really good name, as has Ironside Primary, St Lucia is where the Qld Uni is and again all in that same area. If you go Private for schools Brisbane Boys College is great, St Adians for Girls, or even St Peters Lutheran if you can afford it, but as i said state schools are good out that way. Stay away from places like Inala, Redbank Plains, Goodna. You could look at Forest Lake if the western suburbs are to expencive, it is an estate but huge with its own shopping center and St Johns Anglican school and a state school as well.

Archived