Advice please - non-dependant child, has family sponsor and work lined up

cabbage

Most of my immediate family (Mother, Step-father & two younger half-sisters) emigrated aprox. two years ago and are in process now of applying for Permenant Residency. They all came over on 457 visa.

I work for a major global high street bank in the UK (customer service - Skilled Migration is out of the question), who also have a prominent presence here in Australia. I have been advised by my employer that they would not hesitate in providing me with permanent, full-time work, however it is down to me to sort a visa out for myself as they only sponsor employees on managerial level and upwards. I am 22 and have worked for this company since leaving school and would like to be able to stay with them while living out my dreams being with my family in Oz.

I have exhausted all options on the immigration website and was just wondering if anyone knew any tips or has had any experiences similar to this?

My family would be willing to sponsor me.

WHV - work for the bank and impress them so much they sponsor you? Perhaps ask for a 'temporary' transfer so you have a job to come back to in the UK should it not work out.

I'm not aware of any other route for you - you could look at 'Last Remaining Relative' visas to see if that would apply to you.

Thanks Lady Rainicorn,

That could be an option, don't you have to be skilled to be sponsored though?

You need an occupation on the CSOL but they are not necessarily all 'skilled' - a girl I new came to Australia on the WHV, she came to work as a temp in an admin role (her title was Project Administrator) - she did a good job and was sponsored on a 457 visa. I don't know the details of how she was sponsored or her qualifications (I know she didn't have a degree)

Another option if your family would support you is to be a student in Australia - not a sure fire way to become a PR but could open a route to skilled migration (& improve your career prospects along the way)

Your only real option is a WHV. However, it is pretty unlikely you will end up sponsored. It happens. But so does people being struck by lightning. You could on a WHV spend 2 years in Oz if you complete the regional work. Be aware though that you can only work for one employer for 6 months.

Archived