visa processing after Medical, more than a year, CO says case under routine processing.

Shahbaz

Hi

I applied for Australian skilled visa class 189 after EOI selection, my medical was done in Jan-2013 and all required documents were provided in Jan 2013, since medical I have been checking with my agent almost every month about progress and I get reply from CO that "it is under routine processing". It is more than a year but still no sign of my visa, can you advice me what should I do and how long a routine processing can be? is there is any way I can contact CO officer other than my agent.

thanks.

Are you from a high risk country? It can take over a year just to do the security checks as they have to wait for people to get back to them from those countries.

You'll know when they have got them all back as you'll have to redo your Medicals as those ones will have expired.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Class 189: ACS 19 Jan 2012|EOI:31/10/2012| CO: 04/12/2012|PCC, Med & Form 80 submtd on request on 4th Feb 2013| After that CO saying case under routine proc

It has been more than 13 months after medical but still no news.. when I asked my agent to check I only get same email from CO mentioning that my case is under routine processing, my case seems to be different as most of my colleagues even from high risk countries are able to secure visa. .. has anyone faced similar issues like this?

I am a UK national and my medicals and police checks, for 3 different countries, were completed in September 2013. My visa application was made in June 2013 and CO assigned in July 2013. I receive the same message as others here, the visa is undergoing routine processing. I have worked in the Middle East for the last 5 years so this is what is holding everything up. I have watched, my hopeful, visa approval dates come and go and there is still no end in sight. It's very frustrating to say the least.

I am a bit concerned about Blossom's comments regarding having to do new medicals, which should also mean new police checks, if the existing ones have expired. One of the police checks took 5 months to get. I had been told that DIAC can grant you an extra 6 months waiver on police checks and medicals but I do not know if this is true.

Looks like I should ask my agent to contact the CO about that otherwise I will have another 5 month wait for a new police check which could slow things up even further.

Good luck to all here on the visa. It appears though that there is nothing we can do about it except sit and wait.

Hi guys,

Its really an awful long wait for you all but it seems that they look each case on its own.

Just to relax you guys i thought i must share my timeline.

I am from Pakistan, living in Middle east since 2011 and applied for WA state sponsored SC 489 visa. Application was submitted on 2nd October 2013, CO assigned in 2nd week of November 13 and Visa granted mid Feb 2014, i front loaded Meds and Pcc's.

I hope soon you guys will have your visas, cheers.

Archived