UK passport renewal question.

mrfordy

G'day all

Im just about to start my app for UK passport renewal. Does anybody know if the passport number will change?. As im going to be booking hols soon and dont want to cause a drama by turning up at the Airport with docs that state a different passport number to the one thats issued to me.

Ta lovely! :wink:

G'day all

Im just about to start my app for UK passport renewal. Does anybody know if the passport number will change?. As im going to be booking hols soon and dont want to cause a drama by turning up at the Airport with docs that state a different passport number to the one thats issued to me.

Yes, the number will change, my son has renewed his last month

mamba

G'day all

Yup it definately changes, I have just done it. There is an email address on immi website to email if you change your passport, give them new details and a scanned copy of the bio data page and they will link your visa to the new passport. There is also a form you can fill in if you want to do it by post.

Yup it definately changes, I have just done it. There is an email address on immi website to email if you change your passport, give them new details and a scanned copy of the bio data page and they will link your visa to the new passport. There is also a form you can fill in if you want to do it by post.

Oooh, an email address. I need to hunt that down as DS has a new passport.

Trying to do this now and finding it a pain.

Realised that Immigration don't have a "contact address" for us over here as haven't dealt with them since visa issued. So how will I know that they have processed the change as it doesn't ask for any details (address, email etc) to change passport numbers? The address change part is only for when the visa is being processed and not relevant to us now.

Regarding an email - can only find an address for if a visa is in progress, otherwise it seems to say to fill in the 929 form.

Should be so simple but just doesn't seem to be.

We received new passports after our visa was granted and sent off form 929 to get the details linked to the visa. After several weeks they had still not been updated on VEVO so had to fly with both passports. At Heathrow the staff at Singapore Airlines made a couple of calls and told us that the details would be updated. We were sceptical but when we arrived at Perth Airport we were able to use the new passport (with the new chip system) and did not have to queue to get our passport stamped.

• 1 month later...
Guest The Pom Queen
New UK Passport arrived today after only two weeks. Reading the above i had better send of form 929 as im due to return to Bali in April.

Glad you got them ok.

Archived