Areas to consider looking into moving to in NSW?

ReZ

Hi all,

Myself and 3-4 friends are moving to Australia in 2015. We want to get a house in the NSW area, no longer than about an hour and a half drive from Sydney (my Dad lives there on Cremorne Point). We would like to look for places with decent job opportunities, good atmosphere, good people and activities. (Beach, movie theater, gym, shopping centres etc)

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Edit:

I forgot got to mention we are thinking about starting a building firm so if there's land to build on that would be a plus!

Edited by ReZ

Everything within an hour of Sydney is still Sydney. If you're prepared to do the hour and a half distance then you could consider the Central Coast or the northern suburbs of Wollongong.

Both are civilised places - if a little suburban - with nice beaches, cinemas, shopping malls and gyms. Land is available in both areas.

I'm really interested in what visas your 3-4 friends are moving here on. If they're all coming on a WHV they're limited to only working 6 months with a single employer.

Not sure how that will enable them to stay here long enough to establish a building firm. Or do you all have permanent visas?

Thanks for the info we will definitely check those areas out!

I have a PR visa with my Dad, my friends will be applying for PR also as we plan on stating in Oz for as long as possible, only coming back to the UK to visit friends and family.

Cheers.