Well that's that then. Dead End !

MACDONALDO67

hello there, just read your original post. We have just arrived in melbourne and my OH was 457 sponsored for railway work, drop us a pm and I will get him to send you further info if you are still interested?!

Just received this email tonight. Pat/Kev thanks for that tip !

"Thanks for getting in touch Allan, what we can do is look into finding a work sponsor for you and the likelihood is that we will be able to keep you in work on the railways out there.

I shall be getting in touch with our local consultants in each of the areas to get some advice. The issue is that usually to get a sponsor you will need to attend face to face interviews so it may be worth thinking about taking a trip out to do a reccy. Let me know. Otherwise, please complete the attached form if you will so that we have all this info together. I will then send everything to the local guys and get that advise.

Kind Regards

Diane"

So that avenue looks promising but no chance of doing a reccie before July at least.

We have holidays booked end of May/June in Ibiza and once they are out the way, (not wishing them away coz I want to enjoy the time), only then can I go full steam ahead.

So CV and Hays application form filled in and sent back and we'll see where we go now.

What is so frightening yet exciting, I am used to doing the job I am doing. The thought of going and trying a new adventure, a new challenge is exciting. It frightens me if I am not good at what I go into because my confidence is going to be low, whereas in my job now I am 100% confident and good at what I do. To go into something new does frighten me, but I'm not scared to go for it.

Don't know if that makes sense or you know what I mean. :twitcy:

Archived