Subclass 189 or 190

ashftc

Hello,

As the NSW state sponsorship reaches its quota, it will be refreshed next year July. Provided the fact that I meet points for both 189 and 190, which category is more suitable or should one opt for. Also my profession is a flagged occupation i.e., under consideration which means it can get removed anytime they want. However, 189 takes ages and even worse for applicants from high-risk countries like myself. Also I have to re-sit IELTS too. Suggestions please :)

Don't know where you have gotten that the 189 takes ages - the only difference between the 2 is 190 is priority 3 - currently 7 wks until CO, 189 priority 4 - 10 wks until CO. As the visas are basically identical the processing is exactly the same.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Keep your options open - resit ielts and go for 189, while waiting to see if your occupation will actually be on the nsw list.

Don't know where you have gotten that the 189 takes ages - the only difference between the 2 is 190 is priority 3 - currently 7 wks until CO, 189 priority 4 - 10 wks until CO. As the visas are basically identical the processing is exactly the same.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Keep your options open - resit ielts and go for 189, while waiting to see if your occupation will actually be on the nsw list.

I have self-witnessed people waiting for ages. What happens with high risk countries is they keep the application on security checks which takes months or even close to a year. While on State sponsorship, the security checks are splits between the state and DIBP as a whole. That's what few consultants have advised. All in all, I may not be too sure about why there are huge significant delays comparatively. However, there is a huge time difference for sure (for high risk countries).

But I still have taken your advice on board. However, I have a question to ask. Assuming I apply for 189 in June when I will be 25, what if the in July NSW re-opens their CSOL list and everything is according to my cup of tea. Can I then apply for 190 too or maybe cancel 189 and apply for 190?

Regards.

I can assure you the state does NOT process any security checks. Internal and external checks are done by DIBP along with other Australian overseas agencies.

HR countries take longer, some countries longer than others.

Why would you want to apply for 2 visas that are the same - paying 2 application fees- there is no refunds if you withdraw your application.

I can assure you the state does NOT process any security checks. Internal and external checks are done by DIBP along with other Australian overseas agencies.

HR countries take longer, some countries longer than others.

Why would you want to apply for 2 visas that are the same - paying 2 application fees- there is no refunds if you withdraw your application.

Isn't the application fee need to be paid once the they invite to apply? Can you please tell me when exactly does the application fee needs to be paid?

Isn't the application fee need to be paid once the they invite to apply? Can you please tell me when exactly does the application fee needs to be paid?

the application fee paid to the state is just for processing of the state nomination - once you have been nominated that is the last the state has to do with your application.

If your visa application is refused by DIBP, states will not support appeals.

The Visa application fee is paid when the application is lodged.

I do realize that state has its independent fee and structure too. But my question is about the fat-cat fee, the DIBP fee. If I am not getting it wrong that's the structure.

Step 1: you submit the EoI (no fee),

Step 2: You file the application to state for SS (fee included to state),

Step 3: Once you receive the invitation, then you lodge your main visa application for 190 (fee included paid to DIBP).

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hello. I want to apply for 190 visa this year. My qualification will be assessed by Vetassess as Copywriter. As Copywriter I don't have right now many chances to emigrate because I found this only in State Nominated Occupation List by SA in Off-list nomination. Do you know cases in what the qualifications from off-list reappear the next year in Low Availability LIST or Medium Availability LIST? Or even in the Special Conditions Apply LIST ?

Hello,

As the NSW state sponsorship reaches its quota, it will be refreshed next year July. Provided the fact that I meet points for both 189 and 190, which category is more suitable or should one opt for. Also my profession is a flagged occupation i.e., under consideration which means it can get removed anytime they want. However, 189 takes ages and even worse for applicants from high-risk countries like myself. Also I have to re-sit IELTS too. Suggestions please :)

If you have the required points a 189 visa would be preferential. The processing time difference between the two is negligible.

Hello. I want to apply for 190 visa this year. My qualification will be assessed by Vetassess as Copywriter. As Copywriter I don't have right now many chances to emigrate because I found this only in State Nominated Occupation List by SA in Off-list nomination. Do you know cases in what the qualifications from off-list reappear the next year in Low Availability LIST or Medium Availability LIST? Or even in the Special Conditions Apply LIST ?

The state occupation lists are updated regularly using current industry market information. If there is a current demand/skill shortage in the state it will likely reappear, if there isn't a demand it will not.

The state occupation lists are updated regularly using current industry market information. If there is a current demand/skill shortage in the state it will likely reappear, if there isn't a demand it will not.

Thanks, Adam.

Now I think the only way is to assess my qualification as Copywriter at Vetassess, assess my boyfriend qualification as Web developer at ACS, and hopefully by July 1, one of us will have luck.

Archived