Meeting other families in Point Cook / surrounding suburbs

Hi everyone. I'm reconnecting with this forum after a few years!

I found this forum / group so helpful when my husband and I were planning our move to Melbourne in 2008!

We have been in Australia 5 years now and moved to Point Cook in 2011.

We are in our early 30's with an almost 2 year old son.

We are keen to meet some friendly individuals / families in similar situations to ourselves and broaden our social network.

if you are interested in meeting a down to earth couple and broadening your own network then please get in contact as we would love to hear from you.

We do miss our friends and families in the UK and have found it challenging at times with such a lack of supports nearby and wondered if anyone else was experiencing similar things???

Hello I live with my family in the Point Cook area and find that it is a very friendly area.We moved here just over two years ago. I think it is easier though when your children are at school.Do you both work full time? There are many social events planned in the area for families.We are a little older in our 40's but have plenty of friends your age.Are you members of the many local clubs and groups? Lots to choose from:-)

Thanks SueMac! It is a nice suburb to live in but when we moved here we were both working full time which makes it harder to meet people. Our son is still under 2 so a little way of joining the school circuit. I work part time and OH full time. Have you got any suggestions for local groups? Interested to hear what's around. Thanks

There is a Social Butterflies group that meets once a month on a Fri or Sat and has social events.We have been to the polo,dinners etc. That is for ladies only.There is also Ladies that Lunch on a Friday at 12 in local restaurants we meet though only in term time.

There are lots of interest groups run by the Point Cook Community centre for a variety of topics. Do you have an interest like gardening,Getting fit?,Walking pram groups there are loads going on. If you PM me I can give you contact details if any of these interest you.

• 1 month later...

Hi, sorry for late reply as I know people haven't bothered with the thread for a few weeks now, but I wanted to say that my hubby and I would be interested in any meet ups with fellow Brits, either as a group or if anyone would be interested in just getting together at some point for a chin wag and the possibility of becoming friends :-)

i am 32 and hubby is 40. We have a 20 month old daughter and looking to meet and make friends with people similar to ourselves, either other families or people who don't mind children! I have a few friends from work but lee barely knows anyone and it would be nice to have some mutual friends as it does get quite isolating at times.

we live in Werribee. I am a registered nurse and lee (hubster) is a plumber/gas fitter. We can travel and are flexible with times and dates. We are friendly, down to earth, hard working and honest people, looking for the same.

we look forward to hearing from anyone who is interested!

thanks,

danielle

Hi yes the Point Cook residents BBQ is at the Coastal park this Sunday 16th Feb at 11am-5pm.Bring whatever you would like to eat and drink and maybe something to share.The Lions club are providing some food too.It is at the Beach and BBQ park of the park all welcome and should be fun.Why not pop along:-)

Sue Mac, can you pls tell me where the community centre is?is it in the main PC town centre? I have been there but never noticed a community centre...unless it is perhaps by the library? Thanks,

Danielle

Yes bizarrely the community centre has the library in it so it is that centre yes.May be see you Sunday? :-)

Archived