Aussie skills recognised in UK?

Kazz

Does anyone know how the Australian trade skills compare to the UK? My partner is an advanced rigger here in New South Wales. Looking at similar jobs being advertised in the UK, they call for at least an NVQ 3 certificate. How does the Australian qualification compare?

Does anyone know how the Australian trade skills compare to the UK? My partner is an advanced rigger here in New South Wales. Looking at similar jobs being advertised in the UK, they call for at least an NVQ 3 certificate. How does the Australian qualification compare?

Whilst the skills will be comparable he will have to get his UK qualifications to be allowed on the big sites. He will need CSCS cards which is sort of like the work cover white/green card. NVQ should be pretty easy to get. Google training company's near where you want to live and ask them a few questions, make sure you explain what he does in NSW.

If you contact the association that regulates his industry or certifies people in the UK then they should be able to tell you how his Aus qualifications will translate. I did it with my qualifications but I guess it depends on your industry.

Archived